Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Cyber Security Specialist
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Senior Cyber Security Specialist - DC Metro Area
Join our team of cyber pioneers with expertise and decades of experience defending and protecting some of the nation’s most valuable resources—ICF. Through implementation of effective Cybersecurity solutions, ICF supports security awareness, readiness, resilience and response to cyber incidents.
Our extensive customer base has benefited from the leading-edge work our security engineers and data scientists perform in maintaining and advancing situational awareness of the current cyber threat landscape.
- Active clearance
- 10 plus years of relevant cyber security related experience
- 5 plus years of experience in conducting appraisals
- Applicant must have detailed knowledge of DOE missions, sites, facilities, operations, and organizational roles and responsibilities
- Applicant must demonstrate detailed knowledge in cyber security management programs, including classified and unclassified computer systems, broad working knowledge of state-of-the-art computer security applications, and familiarity with current and emerging information technologies as they apply to the protection of classified information
- Applicant must be knowledgeable about computer networks, penetration techniques, viruses, classified computer systems, Federal computer security requirements and techniques, national standards, and comparable industrial/commercial applications.
- Applicant must have familiarity with a broad range of tools and techniques for network scanning, automated penetration testing, data encryption, and virus detection
- Applicant must have demonstrated capability to apply expertise to support DOE mission objectives and initiatives, including use of technical experts to help Federal and contractor line management identify solutions to complex problems
- Applicant must have a demonstrated ability to develop reports and presentations (verbal and written) that are understandable to a management audience
- Applicant must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college, in such fields as an engineering discipline, business administration, security management, computer science, or information management. - Active high level government security clearance
- The position requires an individual with excellent oral and written communications skills, conflict resolution abilities, and a proven ability to meet deadlines and perform under pressure in an uncertain environment
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Maryland Client Office (MD88)