ICF International's Q3 2015 edition of Aviation and Aerospace M&A Quarterly examines the foremost drivers and trends of aerospace and aviation M&A activity. Discussion topics in this edition include:
- Leasing transactions continue to dominate the aircraft market, with Chinese companies remaining key players
- The highest-valued deal in the history of the aerospace sector, Berkshire Hathaway’s US$36B acquisition of Precision Castparts
- Lockheed Martin’s US$9B acquisition of Sikorsky from United Technologies Corporation
- Bohai Leasing’s US$7B acquisition of aircraft lessor Avolon, highlighting ongoing Chinese interest in the sector
- Delta Air Lines’ new 3.55% stake of China Eastern Airlines for US$450M, the first stake in a Chinese airline by a US carrier
- China’s HNA Group’s acquisition of ground handling and services provider Swissport for US$2.8B
This ninth edition of Aviation and Aerospace M&A Quarterly highlights M&A activity and trends in the aerospace, aircraft finance, airline, and airport markets in Q3 2015.