Greenhouse Gas Allowance & Offset Market Analysis
ICF helps utilities, manufacturers, and other emissions-intensive companies develop smart emissions allowance and offset market strategies in an uncertain regulatory environment.
ICF helps clients evaluate the cost-effectiveness of buying allowances versus reducing emissions internally—and we help ensure that the offset market opportunities are real, verifiable, additional, and permanent.
Using a full suite of tools and analytics, ICF provides clients with recommendations that account for all the greenhouse gas (GHG) allowance and offset market variables, such as the emergence of sector-specific mechanisms and the impact of compliance requirements for non-GHG pollutants.
Our services related to allowance and offset market analysis include:
- In-depth emissions modeling at the project level
- Macro analysis of global offset markets, prices, costs, opportunities, and risks
- Assessment of the financial risks of current and future carbon constraints via our International Carbon Pricing Tool
- Simulations of regulations, supply, demand, and future value via our Integrated Planning Model
ICF’s comprehensive knowledge of climate-related protocols, trends, and market forces includes:
- All major regional U.S. GHG initiatives
- Current regulations, such as AB32, and pending legislation
- GHG offset opportunities worldwide
- Renewable technologies, including wind, solar, and methane capture