FERC: Catalyst for What’s Next in the Energy Industry
||Dec 10, 2015
||8:00 AM (Thu) - 9:30 AM (Thu)
National Press Club
529 14th Street NW
ICF International is pleased to once again welcome a FERC commissioner to discuss their cutting-edge energy agenda. Among other items, FERC's current priorities encompass critical issues such as:
- Electric system reliability, particularly in light of the EPA’s final Clean Power Plan
- Capacity performance issues, with new programs in the PJM and New England. Are we ready for the next Polar Vortex?
- The role of demand response and the case now filed at the Supreme Court
- Order 1000 implementation, including regional planning, transmission solicitations, cost allocation, and seams issues. Several new regions (e.g., SPP, MISO) are on the verge of issuing transmission RFPs
- Ensuring sufficient gas supply to supply-challenged regions of the US, and approving LNG terminals
- Rate cases and transmission incentives
If these types of matters affect or interest you, you should come to hear Commissioner Tony Clark. Indeed, many of the prominent energy companies in the country have a big stake in how FERC rules on these and other policy and project decisions.