Mélanie has over 15 years experience working in program evaluation, management, and finance. As a humanitarian expert, Mélanie manages our humanitarian aid portfolio, including the Framework Contract for the European Commission, Directorate-General for European Civil Protection, and Humanitarian Aid Operations.
In the past eight years, her work has focused on evaluating interventions in fragile and conflict-affected states. She possesses extensive knowledge of such contexts and related challenges through background research, interviews with various stakeholders, and field visits, including numerous exchanges with national/local authorities, displaced populations, refugees, and host communities. Mélanie led field missions to the Democratic Republic of Congo, South Sudan, Mauritania, Ivory Coast, and Greece. Through the multiple evaluations she has managed and contributed to, she familiarized herself with programming and policies in humanitarian settings in a range of areas, including public health, nutrition, education in emergencies, protection, and cash assistance.
As an evaluator, Mélanie possesses in-depth expertise in monitoring and evaluation stages, approaches, methodologies, and tools, including designing, planning, and implementing evaluations. She has strong experience in both primary and secondary data collection and analysis.
Through her master’s degree in international development from the University of Manchester, Mélanie learned to evaluate public programs, policies, and international development with a particular focus on poverty issues in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- (2018). Evaluation of the operation of Regulation (EU) 2016/369 on the provision of emergency support in the Union. ICF for the European Commission.
- (2019). Evaluation of the EU humanitarian aid intervention in the African Great Lakes region, 2013-2017. ICF for the European Commission.
- (2018). Comprehensive evaluation of the European Union's humanitarian aid, 2012-2016. ICF for the European Commission.
- (2017). Study of the European Commission’s cooperation with the Network on Humanitarian Action (NOHA). ICF for the European Commission
- (2017). Evaluation of the European Commission’s interventions in the humanitarian Health sector, 2014-2016. ICF for the European Commission.
- (2016). Evaluation of DG ECHO’s Actions in the Field of Protection and Education of Children in Emergency and Crisis Situations (2008-2015). ICF for the European Commission.