Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Young Adult Consultant Coordinator - Child Welfare (Remote)
ICF seeks a Child Welfare Young Adult Consultant Coordinator to recruit, select, train and manage a pool of highly qualified subject matter experts who possess specialized child welfare practice expertise for the Capacity Building Center for States, in support of the Children’s Bureau (CB), Administration for Children and Families (ACF), US Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). The goal of the Center is to support public child welfare agencies in effective implementation of federal programs and achievement of better organizational performance to improve safety, permanency, and well-being for children, youth, and families. You will be work with the Youth Development Program Area Manager to ensure that customized training and technical assistance (T&TA) and requests for inclusion of Young Adult Consultants are provided in a high quality, efficient, and timely manner. In addition, the Young Adult Consultant Coordinator will proactively perform outreach to, identify the needs of, and respond to requests for specific subject matter expertise from all regions of the country.
You will also partner with the Center Consultant Services Manager to create, maintain and execute a training plan and subsequent training activities for the center.
This approach will be based on the development and implementation of:
- Proactive relationship-building
- Regular and relevant communication
- Managing service requests or making networking site visits, as needed
- Provide oversight, management, and tracking of requests for customized T&TA delivery, including interface with subcontracts, accounting, and finance teams
- Supervise subject matter experts
- Maintain an up-to-date list of staff and expert consultants that includes area of expertise and projected roles related to particular tasks/subtasks
- Work closely with stakeholders to gain in-depth understanding of the unique issues faced in each state in order to maximize the value of TTA outreach and service delivery
- Work closely with Center staff and management to identify, deploy, monitor and evaluate consultant engagement and performance
- Help to identify regional/state/local needs and best practices while making timely recommendations about needs identified
- Model ICF and Center values and prioritize of race equity, diversity, and inclusion in work
- Monitor and assess consultant performance and develop trainings as needed
- Assess needs for recruiting consultants based on the priority areas and strategic objectives
- Provide ongoing recruitment, selection, and review of expertise throughout the project as gaps in expertise are identified and needs arise
- Associate’s degree in the social sciences, human services, child welfare, social work or related field
- 5+ years of experience in experience in child welfare, including leadership positions and demonstrated expertise working with youth involved in child welfare
- Development, understanding, support, and coordination of training and technical assistance, preferably for child welfare agencies or organizations who partner with child welfare agencies
- Background in child welfare services
- Ability to build and maintain strong partnerships with CB and other stakeholders
- Willingness to work remotely across a variety of time zones
- Master’s degree in the social sciences, social work, psychology or related field
- Demonstrated experience working with National, State, and local organizations, and allied professionals in the field of child welfare
- Possess direct, personal lived experience in the child welfare system
- Experience working in a consulting environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Creative leadership skills
- Ability to produce high quality work required
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, detail-oriented, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills required
- Solid customer service skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently
- Strong outreach abilities and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead an effective team to solve problems
- Exceptional expertise in addressing the challenges of supporting youth in foster care and as they transition to adulthood and grow professional skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)