Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Workforce Development Specialist/Account Manager
Workforce Development Specialist/Account Manager
Primary Location: New York Remote
We are currently seeking Workforce Development Specialist/Account Manager to join our Northeast Energy Efficiency team to provide critical program support for a New York City based energy efficiency program.
As a Workforce Development Specialist/Account Manager, you will:
- Develop internship workplans to build energy efficiency capacity inside NYC energy service providers, property management and real estate firms.
- Provide market outreach, build, and maintain relationships with energy service providers, property management and real estate firms to facilitate the placement of interns within these organizations.
- Collaborate with interns to promote, initiate, and track building decarbonization projects at intern host organizations.
- Support other workforce development activities across the program portfolio including building stakeholder and service provider training development, tracking and implementation to promote energy efficiency retrofits.
- Provide market outreach, technical assistance, and guidance on energy efficient technologies, project implementation, and best practices to building owners/operators and property managers participating in client-sponsored programs.
- Assess commercial grade whole building efficiency strategies, building plans and specifications, and make recommendations for energy efficiency upgrades or improvements.
- Review energy audits, technical specifications, energy usage and cost calculations for energy efficiency projects.
- Contribute to the evolution of program strategies and the design of program features, services, and marketing campaigns.
- Prepare status reports to accurately describe activities and to monitor progress towards program goals.
As a Workforce Development Specialist/Account Manager, you will possess these minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Engineering, Energy, Building Science, Environmental Science, Construction Management, Business) or related experience.
- 1+ years of experience in Account Management, Consulting, Outreach, Business-to-business sales, recruitment or related field.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Teams)
As a Workforce Development Specialist/Account Manager, these skills would be considered preferable but not required:
1+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Demonstrated experience in conducting outreach to decision makers and stakeholders to identify energy efficiency project opportunities in residential or commercial buildings.
- Self-driven with focus to meet assigned goals for team success and personal satisfaction.
- Excellent communication skills to present elevator pitches for energy saving concepts and projects and listening to stakeholders to understand stakeholder requirements and motivations.
- Build trust, develop relationships, and demonstrate value as an independent partner to advance energy projects by overcoming objections with a compelling reason to take action.
- Experience utilizing CRM applications such as Salesforce
As a Workforce Development Specialist/Account Manager, you will possess these Professional Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to provide project leadership and meet client goals.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New York Remote Office (NY99)