Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Word Document Formatter
We work on improving transportation mobility and safety and determining the environmental, social, and economic impacts of transportation. We report on infrastructure projects, programs, and government policies; develop guidebooks; and document transportation best practices in federal, state, and local governments. Our clients include the Federal Highway Administration, other U.S. Department of Transportation agencies, the Transportation Research Board, State transportation and environmental agencies, metropolitan planning organizations, and local governments.
We are seeking a worker to format Microsoft Word documents, some of which are very long and complicated. Formatting must follow accessibility standards required by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act (29 USC § 794d), as amended by the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (PL 105-220). Formatting of presentations may be required as well.
The job begins with the core requirement of formatting, but the person who does this job can take it in several potential directions, depending on their skills and strengths:
- Accessibility standards
- Graphic design
- Format documents in Microsoft Word using styles, as directed
- Assemble large, complex documents in Microsoft Word
- Generate tables of contents, lists of figures, and other lists from styles applied to document content
- Create graphics such as org charts and process flows in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Use Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat to identify errors in document structure and reading order as well as problems with accessibility in images, charts, and tables
- Perform Section 508 compliance check of documents and presentations
- Support accessibility remediation of Word documents converted to PDF
- Insert and align graphics, exhibits, tables, charts, and graphs into Word and PowerPoint documents
- Minimum High school diploma, Bachelor Degree
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Exceptional attention to detail with a focus on consistency and quality
- Desire to learn Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and Section 508 accessibility standards
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word
- Ability to follow instructions closely
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively, as the situation requires
- Excellent time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience using styles, field codes, design themes, Auto text and other Building Blocks, and/or macros in Microsoft Word
- Editorial experience
- Knowledge of the principles and best practices of graphic design, especially in a context of accessibility for all
- Problem-solving creative thinking
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, PowerPoint, and Excel and Adobe Acrobat
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is
$58,520.00 - $99,484.00
Arlington, VA (VA31)