Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Wide Bandgap Power Electronics Technical Expert (Remote)
Are you a technical expert on the topic of wide bandgap power electronics? We need you. We’re currently hiring an expert who can leverage their technical expertise in wide bandgap semiconductor device physics and materials science, especially for silicon carbide and gallium nitride-based power electronics. We’re looking for someone to work with us remotely on an as-needed basis, with the flexibility to work from zero to 20 hours per week.
As a Part-Time On-Call Technical Expert, you will:
- Review and assess research progress towards project technical milestones
- Define and manage technical metrics to measure and assess program and project performance
- Prepare data and analysis to meet stakeholder communication needs
- Potentially attend scientific meetings or conferences to develop comprehensive summaries of discussions/presentations
- Create written summaries of conference proceedings and other materials, such as white papers.
- Communicate with project researchers to gather technical information to disseminate to the public
- Provide technical assessments and recommendations to program and project managers to aid in successful achievement of research program goals and objectives
- Deliver products reflective of ICF and client standards.
You will need:
- A master’s degree in electrical engineering, materials science, or related disciplines
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant technical experience
- Excellent understanding of the latest research topics, technical challenges, and market trends pertaining to wide bandgap semiconductor-based power electronics
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
Additional preferred qualifications:
- A PhD in electrical engineering, materials science, or related disciplines
- A minimum of 20 years of relevant technical experience
- Technical consulting or peer reviewer experience for U.S. federal government agencies
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)