Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Vice President/Regional Business Leader - Disaster Management
ICF is a global advisory and digital services provider, but we are not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future.
With more than 8,000 staff in 70 global offices representing 80 nationalities and more than 75 languages, ICF is comprised of business analysts and policy specialists working alongside digital strategists, data scientists, and creatives, united by a culture that values diversity and opportunity. We combine deep domain expertise with cutting-edge digital agency services to serve our customers in a holistic way.
Our expanding Disaster Management division is currently seeking a Vice President to lead and grow one of our Line of Business. You will manage a portfolio of Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) disaster response/recovery projects within the state & local market. You will be a strong general manager with experience in disaster management with proven success selling and growing new business. This position will report directly to the Division Leader and work with other members of the leadership team at the Division and Group levels.
Responsibilities include partnering with the division’s business development team to develop and execute a strategic plan to grow the assigned portfolio, delivery of project outcomes, client satisfaction, and Profit/Loss management. This individual must also be able to build and maintain relationships with partners, clients, and local elected/appointed leadership within their geographic region and capability footprint.
Position located in Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico or California.
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience operationally implementing FEMA and/or HUD disaster response, recovery, or mitigation programs at the state & local level.• Demonstrated success in driving new business, both from existing accounts and with $10 MM+ opportunities via the capture/proposal process
• Strong business acumen in converting client projects and contracts into profitable, consistent revenue growth, paired with an understanding of contracts, partnership, and basic management accounting.• Proven people and project management with at least 15 years of people management and five years of project management experience within the state & local market.
Specific responsibilities to include:
• Lead, manage, and aggressively grow a P&L with approximately $30M to $50M in revenue and 75+ employees and subcontractors distributed across several states.
• Provide strategic direction and leadership for your portfolio’s growth, streamlining delivery and operational initiatives, and effectively leveraging company-wide resources.
• Oversee division delivery of client commitments, ensure effective program and excellence in project quality review processes, and drive a customer satisfaction culture. Ensure a culture of accountability and integrity at every level of the organization.
• Achieve division-level operating margin contribution goals along with Division- and corporate-level sales objectives.
• Positively collaboration within the Division and across the company to bring the best capabilities and strongest personnel from the entire company to serve the client engagement. Contribute to the success of the company and the Division before and above the needs of the specific business.
• Experience with the operational delivery of FEMA and/or HUD response/recovery programs at the state & local level.
• Demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful growth strategies with relevant professional services businesses. Experience should be in leading a business with 50+ employees and success with captures exceeding $10M• Proven people and project management with at least 15 years of people management and five years of project management experience within the state & local market.
• Experience in public affairs or government relations
• Market profile via participation in key associations, or via the regular contribution of though leadership• Experience managing a professional services Profit/Loss, or managing a Profit/Loss for a publicly traded firm
• Exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
• Exceptional integrity and a strong moral compass.
• Ability to work within stressful environments while projecting calm, confident leadership.
• Ability to collaborate and motivate with project teams and work with all levels of internal staff.• Ability to develop strong working relationships with senior executives and clients.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$190,183.00 - $323,312.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)