Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Vice President -CMS Account Leader
ICF seeks a Vice President Account Leader for CMS. The Account Leader will coordinate across multiple Public Sector portfolios and service capabilities within ICF to ensure both delivery excellence and new business growth within our expanding CMS presence. As the Account Leader, you will be reporting to the Public Sector Group’s Chief Market Innovation and Strategy Officer.
This role will be located in the Washington DC/Baltimore metro area. Travel to client sites, ICF offices and conferences may be required once business travel resumes.
We seek a proven Federal Health Leader with a track record of excellent client service, delivery and growth. The role requires effective collaboration and leadership of a diverse group of internal stakeholders, including partnering across the PSG leadership team. The key goal is to implement ICF’s Strategic Growth Plans for Federal Health and Digital Transformation and develop and implement a tactical growth account plan for CMS that leverages ICF capabilities, differentiators, and assets and focuses on high priority CMS offices and centers.
This position will expand upon ICF’s already successful portfolio of established and growing customer programs at CMS, primarily in the areas of Health IT, digital modernization, data analytics, management consulting, communications support, and healthcare clinical quality measures and tool development.
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success.
- Implement PSG’s strategic growth and go-to-market plans through the development and execution of CMS specific account plans.
- Facilitate the effective identification, qualification, and advancement of a multi-year CMS business pipeline of pursuits totaling over >$200 million annually.
- Use your deep and current connections, relationships and insights with CMS Institutes and Centers to fully understand their current and upcoming needs.
- Translate evolving Federal agency strategic goals, requirements, operations, and programs into new ICF engagements and relationships and demonstrate to clients how ICF can resolve their most challenging problems.
- Represent and ensure an aligned and coordinated presence and messaging to CMS prospects and business partners, ensuring optimal cross-selling of all relevant ICF capabilities and expertise to prospective clients.
- Convene, organize, and motivate CMS Account participants from across the organization to coordinate, collaborate and cross-sell division and service line capabilities into CMS through a common go-to-market framework.
- Assist CMS account participants, BD leads, and capture executives with obtaining key CMS client meetings and representing ICF through key conversations, briefings, presentations, or conference moderation/presentations
- Support organizational capability by developing business line staff capacity in client engagement to increase access to client intelligence.
- Identify target opportunities that align with ICF’s strategic plans and go-to-market strategies
- Collaborate with Leadership, Business Development, and other ICF functions; leverage ICF processes, systems, and resources to ensure a robust pipeline.
- Expand and maintain a quality pipeline of opportunities and qualify opportunities, leveraging other account team members and business development or growth leaders as needed.
- Lead CMS Account Team meetings, providing a means to share knowledge, understanding of existing ICF program status, clients, CMS priorities, emerging opportunities, competitor positions and opportunities for client engagement
- Work closely with leaders across Public Sector Group, including members of the Strategic Growth team, division and line of business leaders, growth and business development managers, capture executives, capability and solution leads, subject matter experts, other ICF stakeholders, and external partners to foster a “one ICF” approach to meet customer needs.
- Develop strategic teaming relationships with potential partners—including small business partners, consultants, universities (including HBCUs), and NGOs-- to facilitate winning new work.
- Ensure support to Capture Executives with client engagement activities and provide key intelligence and understanding of client needs to support key proposals.
- Monitors delivery risk and performance through existing mechanisms and in close cooperation with delivery and operations.
- Expand ICF’s external brand through thought leadership, panel presentations, participation in professional societies, and other activities; engage business line staff in these activities.
- 10+ years of experience working in and/or supporting CMS (with a focus on healthcare research, healthcare quality metrics, data analytics, digital health, health IT, IT modernization, and digital transformation) with demonstrated success delivery and building work in a professional services / consulting setting
- At least 5+ years of experience in a growth-oriented role, with established relationships across CMS and industry partners.
- Strong past-performance leading opportunity identification, deal qualification, call plans, and the development of strategic account plans.
- Demonstrated success identifying, qualifying, and advancing multi-year CMS business pipelines of pursuits totaling over >$100 million annually.
- Demonstrated network of current contacts and client relationships at CMS
- Strong experience supporting capture and proposals, often supporting multiple efforts simultaneously
- Prior delivery experience working on multi-million-dollar consulting and professional services projects at CMS.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and foster partnership with business leadership, subject matter experts and external partners to help shape the business strategy, influence senior executives, and challenge the status quo
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- MPH, MD, or PhD in health-related discipline preferred.
- Demonstrated experience supporting work at CSSQ, OC, OIT, CPI.
- Experience shaping work and winning task orders under CMS contract vehicles including SPARC, RMADA, CIO-SP3, and/or MIDS.
- Positive, pragmatic, and collaborative style, with an ability to motivate teams and generate enthusiasm, train and develop others, and be innovative in accomplishing goals in a large, complex, multi-cultural, and matrixed environment.
- Strategic but hands-on leader with exceptional organizational, communications, and people management skills.
- The ability to gain the respect of peers within the ICF leadership team, forge strategic alliances, and be able to influence peers across the organization while achieving key growth goals.
- Strong business and financial acumen; linking ICF’s operational and federal health strategy to tactical account plans and activities, and qualified pipeline
- Experience crafting, iterating and achieving behavior change and outcomes through Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications and CRM tools (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, TEAMS and Microsoft Dynamics)
ICF is a $1 billion+ global consulting provider and works across a range of industries to make the world a better place through deep domain expertise, innovative thinking and technology. With 40 years of experience in Federal Health, we have a substantial business unit that delivers consulting services and solutions to U.S. Public Service Federal Agencies. As we expand our Public Sector go-to-market strategy and scale our account and business development functions, this is an excellent opportunity to join a team that supports ICF’s largest business unit and continued focus on Federal Health. Our work is diverse, timely, relevant, and impactful – improving the lives of millions of people at home and abroad every day.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Remote Office (MD99)