Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
UX/UI Designer - Remote
We seek a UX/UI Designer to join a community of UX designers, researchers, and writers designing useful, usable, and intuitive enterprise IT applications. You will work to put your users first, whether they are individual patients managing their own healthcare, service providers delivering care, or analysts making data-driven decisions to guide health policy. We will support you as you build experience working with top-notch agile teams and developing your craft under the guidance of UX leads and managers that care about your goals and professional development. Come work with us!
- Work to support the UX vision and strategy established by project leadership in alignment with business objectives.
- Build empathy with users by working with researchers, consuming research insights, and participating in design research to develop validated UX designs.
- Ideate to discover and develop designs that solve user experience problems as identified by your project team.
- Work as part of a team to create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups that describe, communicate, and test proposed user experiences.
- Review designs with quality assurance and development teams to answer questions and support successful implementation.
- Clearly communicate the design process and rationale of decisions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Successfully complete tasks efficiently to deliver on schedule as part of a broader development team.
- Participate in Agile processes to quickly learn and iterate on your project's user experience.
- Work within a design system, style guides, content guides, and proven industry patterns to deliver UX.
- Create designs that are easy to use, accessible, and visually appealing to the user.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human computer interaction or related field.
- 3+ years of applied UX design experience in the software industry.
- Able to provide a portfolio demonstrating your design process and deliverables.
- Strong skills with creative tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Sketch.
- Able to obtain a Public Trust clearance and show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or obtain a religious or medical exemption as required for government contracting.
- Must be physically located in and legally eligible to work within the United States.
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 Level AA / Section 508 compliance preferred.
- Experience in federal contracting or healthcare IT preferred.
- Demonstrate excellent written, visual, and verbal communication.
- Ability to work successfully with a cross-functional, diverse, and distributed remote development team.
- Strong critical thinking, problem- solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)