Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
UX Design Manager
Reporting directly to the Partner, Stakeholder Experience, The UX Design Manager will lead the strategic development of our UI/UX practice. This is a leadership role for a mature and professional individual who is passionate about solving problems and helping teams thrive in fast paced, dynamic experience design engagements. The UX Design Manager will be responsible for demonstrating design and usability thought leadership to our clients, developing strategic business requirements for customer experience driven projects, creating interactive wireframes and collaborating closely with delivery teams to bring the solutions to life. You will be a leader but also be practicing your craft alongside the team.
- An artist and technologist, equally excited in developing beautiful experiences that solve complex customer problems.
- A pragmatic designer, that wants a whiteboard marker or stickies in arms always reach, drawing out problems and solutions on a moment's notice.
- A strategic problem solver, with the desire to hypothesize, test and collect data on every user experience and learn from it.
Your key responsibilities and what you'll be doing day to day:
- Leading the UX design team through servant leadership and focus on designer's skill development and growth.
- Collaborating with your cross disciplinary peers to provide excellent customer service to clients and employee experiences to client's teams.
- Evaluating talent and providing design critique and feedback on designer's work.
- Developing processes and approaches to tackling design problems using design thinking and HCD practices
- Facilitates engaging client workshops to engage cross functional teams; identify customer experience opportunities and solutions, presenting strategic thought leadership.
- Tells the story of the design rationale to stakeholders and team members.
- Designing customer journey maps that articulate the customer's experience across web, mobile, email, SMS, and other industry-relevant touch points.
- Planning information architecture by studying site concepts, strategies, and the target audience.
- You will envision the information structure and features, the system integrations, and develop architecture maps and user flows, with a clear understanding of how data and content is moving through the experience.
- Collaborating closely with delivery teams to develop the UX logic that is translated into wireframes.
- Building interactions and prototypes for the purposes of conveying concepts to clients.
- Collaborating with Product Managers to define applicable user stories for usability testing and adjusting prototypes specifically for it.
- Producing content strategies enabling delivery teams to fully develop content and copy for large scale websites and applications.
- Being a believer in the remarkable experiences, you will activate and bring ideas to your team and our clients. Empowered by new technology or unique insights, you will champion and articulate the value of innovative new ideas.
The ideal candidate for the UX Design Manager position will have the preferred qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience as a UX professional with 2 years as a manager.
- Experience in some form of Agile software development.
- Demonstrated understanding of user-centered design principles with the ability to address complex design problems and provide sound design solutions.
- Understand how to balance business, user and technology needs when creating solutions.
- Strong understanding of data-driven decision making, and the tools used to gain insights in customer behaviour.
- Knowledge of accessibility and inclusive design practices and how to advocate for these practices in your projects.
- Strong ability to manage your time and your team's time, and delegating work prioritizing effectively across multiple initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and owning UX artifacts utilizing tools such as Figma and Adobe XD.
- Strong ability to communicate and present UX ideas and solutions to clients in a persuasive and non-technical manner.
- Experienced coach and mentor.
- Curious, kind, caring and compassionate.
- Engaging team player, excited to collaborate and self-start new ideas and solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in one of HCD, UXD, Information Science, Graphic Design, or a related computer science degree or commensurate work experience.
Why you'll love working here:
- Full health benefits (100% dental coverage, prescription, vision, massages, life insurance and short term/long term disability).
- Generous vacation and retirement plans.
- Employee support program.
- A brand new cell phone, with upgrades every 24 months (we've got your phone bill covered, too).
- Ongoing training and development opportunities and education assistance programs.
- Loaded snack cupboards.
- Friendly community with lots of social events - from boat cruises to volleyball tournaments.
- Participation in charity initiatives.
Like what you see and think you're a perfect fit? Apply today.
Please be assured we'll treat any information you share with us with the utmost care, only use your information for recruitment purposes and will never sell it to other companies for marketing purposes. Please review https://www.icf.com/legal/Canada-privacy-statement to view ICF's Privacy Statement for more details.
At ICF Next we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to creating a culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay and work in an environment that enables them to thrive. ICF Next is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Toronto, Canada (CD80)