Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Utility Programs and Services Lead - West Coast - Remote
West Region Delivery Leader, Utility Programs and Services Division
ICF is looking for a West Region Leader to lead and grow our energy business within the Western region of the Utility Programs and Services Division. ICF is growing and we need a dynamic, strategic, and growth-oriented Regional Leader to take us to the next level. We partner with our clients across North America to provide program design and delivery support for energy programs, including technical/engineering expertise, program management, IT and marketing solutions, and call center and rebate services. A number of these programs have been recognized with awards from ACEEE, AESP, SEPA, Chartwell, and others.
The West Region Leader will lead and expand our energy efficiency business in the Western region. The successful candidate will be responsible for strategic design and implementation of multi-million dollar programs that support our clients in helping their customers to improve the energy efficiency of their businesses and homes. Responsibilities include successful delivery, customer satisfaction, and growing and retaining a cadre of key talent as well as partnering with the division’s business development team to develop and execute a strategic plan to grow the portfolio. You also will establish, build, and strengthen senior client relationships, especially with utilities and other program implementers, such as PG&E, SCE, SoCal Gas, SDG&E, SMUD, etc. Knowledge of California legislation and regulations respecting energy efficiency and distributed resources, and California goals for energy efficiency, greenhouse gas reduction, and renewables integration is also important.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of differences.
As the West Region Delivery Lead, you will:
- Provide thought leadership and strategic direction to our regional team and in collaboration with our larger energy business resulting in effective implementation of business strategies and achievement of quality, profit, growth, and other objectives.
- Lead efforts to sustain and grow our energy business with existing and new clients in the western region through the development of a regional business plan.
- Lead and support enterprise level initiatives focused on driving a culture of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for the region.
- Provide high levels of strategic and business vision, as well as tactical ability to ensure that business objectives are clearly defined and communicated and that internal operations are productive, effective, and measurable. Ensure the team is agile and adaptive to changing market conditions.
- Engage with internal and external partners to strategically leverage capabilities to meet client needs
- Act as executive level contact with clients to understand how ICF’s offerings align with their business objectives
- Support organizational capability by developing team members, identify emerging leaders, invest in new talent, and ensure high levels of employee engagement.
- Ensure program and portfolio performance including on-time and on-budget project delivery, excellent deliverable quality, appropriate project staffing, risk mitigation, and client satisfaction.
- Achieve region-level sales and financial targets.
- Work with all parties to obtain prompt resolution to key business issues likely to impact quality, service, and operations.
- Play an active leadership role within the organization and the energy efficiency community. Be an effective spokesperson and champion for ICF.
- Collaborate with Leadership, Business Development, and other ICF functions; leverage ICF corporate processes, systems, and resources to ensure a robust sales pipeline.
- Provide subject matter expertise for multiple large and/or complex sales proposals.
As a West Region Delivery Lead, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in business or energy related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 12+ years of experience developing and running successful energy efficiency and demand management implementation programs in multiple sectors (residential, commercial, and industrial), ensuring quality control and budget accountability.
- Proven track record of successful business development expertise.
- Ability to set and clearly articulate goals/priorities and exhibit a high level of energy and drive to achieve them. A perspective that encourages personal commitment and holds management and support staff accountable for achieving targets.
- Proven track record building operational unity and collaboration, combining business processes, and forging communication to create synergy and growth in the region.
- Strategic but hands-on leader with exceptional organizational, communications, and people management skills.
- The ability to gain the respect of peers within the ICF leadership team, forge strategic alliances, and be able to influence peers across the organization while achieving key corporate goals.
- Strong business and financial acumen; focused on actions and outcomes.
- Demonstrated capabilities in developing effective relationships with clients, industry stakeholders, and service providers.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to work with and inspire all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time, as needed.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
San Diego, CA (CA74)