Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next Government, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for User Researcher.
The User Researcher must have strong client relationship management and project coordination skills to help lead and conduct user research projects and usability studies.
You will work with clients and team members to discover and understand business requirements; design and carry out user research activities and engage end users in the design process; ensure a focus on content as a key part of the overall user experience; and play a key role in informing prototype design, testing ideas and synthesizing feedback from internal stakeholders and internal and external users. The successful candidate must be comfortable interfacing with clients and proactively speaking up to drive projects forward in a way that is tactful, thoughtful, and collaborative. This role requires effective facilitation and communication abilities, both oral and written, as well as proven client engagement and resiliency skills.
As a User Researcher, you will:
- Work collaboratively to understand user experience goals and gaps
- Identify target audiences; create personas
- Conduct heuristic reviews and competitive analyses
- Develop usability test plans and conduct user research activities, especially interviews
- Interview stakeholders and users to inform journey maps, user flows, as is vs. to be models, research plans, and prototype designs
- Proactively communicate to manage client expectations, project plans and timelines
- Participate in collaborative user-centered design initiatives across the company
- Educate and advise clients on user research methods and best practices.
As a User Researcher, you will have:
- 5+ years of experience in UX, CX, digital strategy, journalism, or a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, human-computer interaction, computer science, library science, or a related field
- Demonstrated resiliency and experience in client-facing roles requiring tactful communications in fast-moving environments
- Experience facilitating client sessions and user interviews, as well as creating research plans, moderator guides, personas, and recommendations reports
- Ability to collaborate with teams in an agile setting and work across many workstreams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a focus on attention to detail to produce client-ready reports and presentations
- Talent for anticipating obstacles and risk in projects and proactively seeking solutions to mitigate them
- Preferred experience with conducting usability testing with design prototypes or existing digital systems, as well as with information architecture testing methods such as card sorting or tree testing
- This role is focused primarily on qualitative research, but special consideration will be given to candidates who also demonstrate proficiency with quantitative research methods such as survey design and data synthesis
- Special consideration will be given to any candidates with federal government experience as a contractor or employee
Job Location(s): This is a remote position (work times will primarily need to align with Eastern time zone due to client requirements) open to all U.S. citizens. DC area candidates are preferred.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)