Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
USAID Project Financial Analyst
ICF is seeking a Financial Analyst to work for the USAID-funded Surveys for Monitoring Resilience and Food Security (SMRFS) Project. The project conducts large-scale household surveys around the globe. The position will be in our Rockville, Maryland office when COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
The Financial Analyst will serve as the SMRFS project primary point of contact for financial matters and will work closely with the corporate project financial controller. The financial analyst will ensure that the project operates within its funding levels according to work plan budgets. In addition to budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting, the Financial Analyst will have administrative oversight over subcontractors.
Specific responsibilities related to project financial management include:
- Lead operational team meetings and provide full operational support to the project
- Help prepare and review project work plans budgets
- Support project forecast process
- Monitor project spending—funding, budgets, expenditures, and pipelines—per client’s requirement by fiscal year, by country and by work order
- Identify financial risks and opportunities
- Work with the project staff, gather their inputs and work with assigned billing specialist and project finance controller to review and process client invoices
- Utilize ICF system to pull reports on project spending and cost as needed for project management team
- Submit monthly and on-demand financial reports to the client
- Prepare and provide necessary financial information to project staff
Specific responsibilities related to subcontractor oversight include:
- Prepare procurement actions in ICF procurement system
- Manage and execute subcontracts
- Review subcontractor and consultant budgets
- Provide data for use in subcontractor accruals
- Manage and track project subcontractor agreements, including budgets and periods of performance
- Manage and track project subcontractor invoices approval, processing, and payment
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, international studies
- At least 5 years’ experience in US government project budgeting and procurement
- Experience maintaining financial records
- Experience with large USAID-funded projects
- Ability to interface with both clients and company management
- Experience using Microsoft office applications
- French language
- Previous experience working in multi-country development projects
- Knowledge of procurement processes and contracting mechanisms
- Experience working with financial analytics systems such as TM1
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)