Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF's IT Modernization division is seeking an experienced UI/UX Specialist. The successful candidate will evaluate the performance and experience of federal government statistical agencies digital landscape and other peer websites. The UI/UX specialist will provide recommendations to update legacy statistical websites to ensure they are up to date with best practices and emerging trends in communicating data displays, large data sets, large reports, linking data from different sources, and surfacing relevant content.
The successful candidate will lead, manage, and conduct website evaluations working independently, with little direction, as well as collaboratively with a diverse team (including web developers, program evaluators, communications specialists, technical project managers, public health scientists, senior leadership, and GRASP teams and clients). Qualitative and quantitative evaluation/research methods knowledge and experience are required. Strong project management and interpersonal skills are required to ensure tasks are completed on time and requirements are met.
This position will work in Atlanta, GA, sitting onsite (currently remote due to COVID-19, but TBD in future) with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) in the Geospatial Research, Science, Analysis, and Services Program (GRASP).
The successful candidate will conduct the following tasks:
- Examine and analyze the websites of the twelve federal statistical agencies to identify best practices and potential solutions. Identify potential solutions to recommend to the client that are compatible with CDC digital requirements.
- Conduct interviews of key staff at federal agencies with highly functional, aspirational websites and digital assets. Analyze available metrics data and other data sources for their digital properties. Identify best practices and potential solutions based on their digital strategies and experiences.
- Identify additional, relevant data-centered peer websites (e.g., governmental, non-profit, academic, journalistic, private). Assess the digital strategies they use and the success of their properties to make recommendations.
- Review and analyze social media channels and other digital assets for the federal statistical agencies and other peer websites. Identify which channels and assets are most successful in connecting audiences with relevant data and what strategies are driving that success.
- Evaluate performance and experience of legacy websites
- Plan and implement new designs, or optimize existing user interface designs
- Support or facilitate requirements gathering and communicate with clients to understand their business goals and objectives
- Develop technical and business requirements
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps
- Collaborate with architects, developers, and project teams
- Create and present prototypes
- Design and build graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, and widgets
- Conceptualize, design, and implement consistent branding or styling, as well as document and maintain standards
- Conduct UI/UX testing prior to implementation
- Conduct UI/UX research
- Develop interview guides, conduct interviews, and analyze interview data
- Use strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Development of reports to summarize findings and recommendations
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Degree qualification or similar in web, digital or graphic design or 6 years’ experience in lieu of
- 1 years relevant industry experience working either within a digital marketing or software dev team.
- Core understanding of user experience (UX) strategy and design preferred
- Portfolio of work which includes examples of web solutions you’ve designed, ideally illustrating the creative development steps you’ve taken – from research to wireframing, to high-fidelity designs and (ideally) with links to the final website.
- A good understanding of social media and digital marketing tools, channels and techniques, plus technology and cultural trends in general.
- Logical thinker with drive and determination to solve problems and with exceptional attention to detail.
- Agile Product Bootstrap
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) Development
- Graphical User Interface Design
- Mobile User Experience (UX) Design
- Mobile User Interfaces
- Agile User Experience
- Online User Experience
- UI Framework
- UI UX
- User Experience (UX) Research
- User Experience (UX) Testing
- User Experience Analysis
- User Experience Architecture
- User Experience Consulting
- User Experience Development
- User Experience Planning
- User Interface (UI) Design
- Knowledge or experience working with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) is encouraged, but not required.
- Knowledge of CDC Digital Requirements is encouraged, but not required.
- Experience in research/evaluation methods, including qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Georgia Remote Office (GA99)