Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF wants you!
For over 50 years ICF has partnered with hundreds of organizations on transformative projects, all while transforming ourselves.
ICF is a global advisory and digital services provider, but we are not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. We are 8000 strong, located in over 75 global offices and have been carbon neutral since 2006.
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. At ICF we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We are seeking a Travel Manager who will manage the day-to-day travel activities for staff in North America. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Travel & Events and is responsible for leading a team of travel professionals, with varying levels of experience, that are managing travel for North America-based Travelers, administering ICF travel systems and tools, and responding to internal and external requests for information and guidance.
The right candidate for the Travel Manager role will be a business–enabler and effective problem-solver with a proven track record. They will effectively collaborate across the firm, partnering closely with corporate functions and internal customers to support diverse business needs. To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate a proven ability to work independently, in teams, and cross-functionally with a geographically dispersed internal stakeholder base.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of staff in North America related to travel management activities with an emphasis on coaching to support skill building and career development
- Should have a good working knowledge of geopolitical topics, international and domestic travel
- Assist employees in planning for travel needs, provide guidance to resolve travel-related issues, and address policy questions
- Support Senior Manager in setting long term vision and technical guidance for program travel management.
- Develop and manage program travel policy using Monitor traveler behavior and marketplace conditions, and industry best practices to recommend policy and process enhancements
- Manage reporting of key metrics and exception reporting and provide analysis to identify trends, gaps, and opportunities to support enhanced business outcomes, cost efficiencies, risk mitigation, and compliance.
- Manage relationships with third-party providers, such as airlines, hotels, and other service providers, supervise performance, and monitor compliance
- Serve as primary business owner for Concur Online Booking system, and main point of contact for users needing assistance in navigating the tool.
- Collaborate with Operating Groups and Corporate Business Services (CBS) teams to understand the needs of their teams and clients identify strategies to enable business
- Collaborate with internal functions such as International Operations, Health, Safety, and Security, and Risk Management to address questions and resolve issues and implement aligned practices and strategies
- Provide consultation on travel industry changes and developments, addressing impact to the travel program.
- Collaborate with Events Team and internal stakeholders to optimize travel related to high-visibility company events and meetings
- Contribute to group-level projects and strategic initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a business-related field required
- 7+ years of corporate travel experience, preferably in a consulting environment
- 2+ years of supervisory experience, with experience managing a remote and geographically dispersed team
- Proven experience in corporate travel leadership.
- In-depth knowledge of domestic and international travel regulations, customs, and best practices
- Experience working in a team environment with a high level of initiative and personal accountability.
- Effective communication skills, oral and written, with the ability to influence various levels of the organization and adjust style to fit audience; this includes strong presentation skills and executive presence.
- The ability to take initiative and demonstrate ownership and pride in their work to ensure the company has a successful travel program where employees engaging in the program have a seamless experience.
- Detailed oriented with excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Possess a partnering mindset with a solution-focused approach to managing complex scenarios and diverse stakeholder groups at various levels
- Ability to research, interpret, communicate, and troubleshoot with internal customers with a customer-service orientation
- Experience working with Concur or similar travel management systems
- Effective time management skills and ability to multi-task in a time sensitive management function
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to grow a team by motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback and leading by example
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)