Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Transportation Systems Operations Engineering Analyst (Undergraduate Dec 2022/May 2023 grad)
About ICF - Transportation Systems Operations Engineering Analyst
ICF’s Transportation Practice specializes in addressing complex issues at the nexus of transportation and the environment, energy, and communities. ICF’s work focuses on integrated approaches that support sustainable transportation decisions, addressing mobility, safety, environmental, social, and economic effects of transportation. Our systems operations group conducts leading-edge work on congestion management, operations, and safety issues across modes and at all levels. We support Federal, State, and local governments to manage the people and vehicles using transportation systems during congested periods and improve vehicle and passenger throughput without adding to the footprint of the road. Our expertise encompasses the full range of strategies, techniques, and tactics, including:
- Pricing, congestion management, and transportation demand management solutions
- Operational improvements related to urban design and livability
- Strategies for nonrecurring congestion
- Support with collecting and using transportation data and developing knowledge transfer systems
- Safety research, analysis, guidebooks, partnerships, and strategic planning
- Concepts of operations for advanced transportation systems management approaches
- Development and delivery of demand management practices, services and technology
To support ICF's dynamic growth, we are seeking a Transportation Systems Operations Engineering Analyst responsible for leading and/or supporting teams in project tasks related to the development and delivery of accurate, timely, and high quality products and services within our Transportation Practice in Washington, DC.
The successful candidate will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Regional transportation system management and operations concepts, including but not limited to Integrated Corridor Management (ICM), Active Transportation and Demand Management (ATDM), intelligent transportation systems (ITS), and reliability issues
- Analysis and understanding of connected and automated vehicles
- Systems engineering processes for transportation technology development with experience in developing Concept of Operations, system requirements specifications, and test plans.
- Transportation economic analysis and/or asset management concepts, including risk assessment, benefit-cost analysis, and system condition and performance assessment
- Transportation data related to freight and/or passenger travel, traffic flow with ability to conduct complex data analysis and visualization
The candidate will work directly with clients and will work within a dynamic team:
- Contributing to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff
- Collecting and analyzing large data set
- Developing literature reviews and research scans
- Conducting interviews and developing case studies
- Solving quantitative and qualitative problems
- Developing technical reports and guidance
- Creating and conducting presentations
- Interacting and communicating with clients
- Managing task or project schedules, budgets, and quality of work
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related STEM field
- Demonstrated interest in transportation systems engineering
- Strong Microsoft Excel skillset
- Strong oral and written communication skills including experience researching and writing high quality documents
- Identifies and meets the needs of clients within established guidelines
- Understands task expectations and how tasks fit in the overall project
- Works collaboratively with project team and client to achieve established goals
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)