Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
About ICF - Transportation Practice
ICF’s Transportation Practice specializes in addressing complex planning, policy, and program issues at the nexus of transportation and the environment, energy, and communities. ICF’s work focuses on integrated approaches that support sustainable transportation decisions, addressing mobility, safety, environmental, social, and economic effects of transportation.
Our work includes strategic planning, research, policy analysis, outreach, training, and program evaluation for federal, state, and local governments, including the U.S. Department of Transportation, the Transportation Research Board, state transportation and environmental agencies, and metropolitan planning organizations. We specialize in evaluating the impacts of infrastructure projects, programs, and government policies; developing guidebooks; and documenting best practices related to integrated planning, transportation operations, and the environment.
We are seeking an experienced Transportation Planner for ICF’s Transportation Practice. The Transportation Planner lead and support project tasks with analysis of critical issues to support implementation of sustainable transportation, transportation planning, asset and land use management, transportation operations, travel demand management, environmental policies, trainings, and technology planning, development, and deployment. Projects will be conducted for clients at the U.S. Department of Transportation as well as state, regional, and local transportation agencies. Transportation Planners work on multiple projects concurrently and assume an active role on project teams.
The Transportation Planner should have a background in sustainable transportation, excellent written and oral communication skills, quantitative analysis skills, and strong interpersonal skills. The Transportation Planner will be expected to work as part of teams to execute tasks that support the delivery of accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services. This position offers significant potential for professional growth and advancement.
This position will be in ICF’s Arlington, Virginia, office.
- Research a variety of transportation-related topics to inform literature reviews and informational reports. This includes locating, understanding, summarizing and synthesizing scholarly and technical materials from academic journals, scholarly books, and government reports.
- Develop written products in collaboration with senior staff team members based on research of transportation-related topics.
- Communicate with clients and external team members and stakeholders to develop project materials.
- Independently perform data analysis using Microsoft Excel and other tools.
- Ensure high quality final presentation of project materials such as reports, white papers, presentations, and briefs for Federal, State, and local clients. This includes managing comments and executing suggested edits from project stakeholders.
- Support planning and implementation of webinars across a wide range of topics.
- Provide meeting support, including preparing materials, on-site attendance (when applicable) or remote hosting and technical support through virtual platforms, taking notes, and assembling post-meeting summary documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, public policy, environmental science, transportation engineering, or related subjects. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ plus years of full-time work experience in transportation planning and analysis.
- Experience using GIS and SQL
- Experience processing and analyzing Longitudinal Employer-Household Dynamics (LEHD), National Household Travel Survey (NHTS), and Census data.
- Proficiency with word processing, presentation, virtual meeting software, and web applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, Zoom, etc.).
- Demonstrated interest and background in a variety of transportation-related topic areas, including emerging technologies and mobility services, strategies for reducing vehicle travel and emissions, demand forecasting, and economics.
Additional Professional Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, research, and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks or projects and ability to carry out multiple tasks under tight or sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- High level of attention to detail and work quality.
- Ability to work well both in teams and independently.
- Initiative and understanding to anticipate and respond to client and project needs.
- Ability to work on multiple projects under strict deadlines.
ICF offers a competitive benefits package and talent development programs, and fosters a highly skilled, energized, and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels.(EEO/AA – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities)
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at www.icfi.com/careers/
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$70,809.00 - $120,375.00
Arlington, VA (VA31)