Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Training and Technical Assistance Specialist
ICF seeks a Training and Technical Assistance Specialist to lead training and technical assistance (TTA) activities in PHIT. This position will, at minimum, support a technical assistance project for the CDC that focuses on supporting state and local jurisdictions’ surveillance, prevention, and evaluation efforts to address the overdose epidemic in the United States and its territories.
Responsibilities and activities include working as part of an exceptional team providing and managing TTA services, including providing one on one engagement with program project officers; developing resources and tools to support recipient implementation of program components; supporting data analysis activities; and providing evaluation support. The position requires exceptional organizational and communication skills as well as collaboration with project team members.
Additional responsibilities may include conducting needs assessments with jurisdictions; providing evaluation TA support; supporting the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services for our clients; and overseeing consultants on development and delivery of technical assistance or training services.
Candidates must have the ability to conceptualize solutions for training and technical assistance needs; design and create resources in multiple formats and technologies; and effectively communicate both orally and in writing with internal colleagues, clients, and their constituents. Ideal candidates should have a solid grounding in public and behavioral health. Candidates should have a background in training and technical assistance, adult learning principles, and capacity building.
To apply, please submit your resume.
The position is full-time and based at ICF offices in Atlanta, GA when pandemic restrictions are lifted, OR can be full-time remote within with United States.
Primary responsibilities for this position will involve performing assignments related to a training and technical assistance project, under the direction of senior management and providing guidance to more junior team members. Assignments typically include the following:
- Documenting and tracking technical assistance activities.
- Overseeing and managing technical assistance activities through an online TA tracking system.
- Supporting and managing an online resource center, including online TA tracking system.
- Overseeing subject matter expert deployment and execution of training and technical assistance tasks.
- Supporting assigned TA provider organizations, including management and oversight of organizational subcontracts, budgets, and TA assignments.
- Designing, delivering, and evaluating trainings (in person, virtual, modular).
- Developing and implementing guidance documents.
- Designing and facilitating peer to peer learning forums or communities of practice.
- Providing evaluation technical assistance to recipients.
- Master's degree in public health, public policy, behavioral/social sciences, or related field required.
- At least 2 years in training and technical assistance design or delivery.
- Knowledge of TTA methodologies and delivery of best practices in the field of overdose prevention and surveillance.
- Ability to think analytically; define and thoroughly document tasks; conceptualize, plan, and complete major elements of project work.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and/or Access) is essential in this fast-paced client-oriented environment.
- Proficiency hosting webinars through online communications platforms.
- Experience with behavioral health issues including overdose surveillance and prevention interventions.
- Experience working across a wide variety of Federal government stakeholders preferred.
- Experience with government programs, particularly in a consulting environment, is highly desired.
- Understanding of state, territory, tribal, or local public health organizations.
- Experience with desk reviews.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods.
- Experience with qualitative analysis based on document review – qualitative data abstraction, management, and synthesis.
Required Professional Skills:
- Strong oral communication skills, and well-developed writing skills.
- Excellent communications skills, attention to detail, computer proficiency, and the ability to multitask under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must .be able to interact effectively with clients, colleagues, and stakeholders with a range of content and technical assistance expertise, from community members to academic researchers.
- The ability to manage discrete tasks with limited supervision is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as a team member are required.
- Expertise in independently developing written products such as contract reports, guidance documents, electronic resources related to public health prevention, and other presentations is required.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Atlanta, GA (GA18)