Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Technology Project Management Specialist
ICF is growing, and we are currently hiring a Technology Project Management Specialist to support the development of strategic work products for our global health informatics clients. This is a full-time, hybrid position based in our Rockville, Maryland office. Remote candidates will be considered.
The ICF Global Health Informatics team manages the Data Exchange and Interoperability portfolio under the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) program. The team supports and manages several initiatives and mission critical activities in the areas of data exchange and interoperability to meet PEPFAR’s needs.
The Technology Project Management Specialist will perform various project management activities to ensure key deliverables are met.
The key responsibilities for the Technology Project Management Specialist will be:
- Support the timely submission of quality project deliverables to the client
- Facilitate or support both internal and external meetings with various stakeholders
- Prepare and assess project plans, document project progress, and prepare reports for internal and external project stakeholders
- Review and update risk register
- Maintain the Data Exchange and Interoperability portfolio roadmap tracker
- Support all aspects of the software development cycle, including requirements gathering, design, testing, and delivery of technology products
- Support the Health Informatics team to accomplish tasks by identifying obstacles and providing solutions to help improve processes
- Create and maintain technical documents such as user guides, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and business process flows diagrams
- Maintain a central repository (in SharePoint, JIRA, or a similar tool) of project deliverables, meeting minutes, and other documents
- Perform other relevant duties as needed
- Travel internationally up to 20% if needed
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or health informatics
- 5+ years of experience in a software development environment as a business analyst, quality assurance test analyst, or similar role
- 2+ years creating and managing project artifacts, such as project roadmaps, risks register, schedules, and status updates
- 1+ years of experience using project management tools, such as Microsoft Project, JIRA, Confluence
- 1+ years of experience interfacing with external clients or high-level executives (VPs, C-level managers)
- Knowledge of public or international health
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, or draw.io to capture software requirements, create standard operating procedures (SOPs), business process flows diagrams, and Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams
- Experience working with or in low technology resource environments
- Experience with agile methodologies such as Scrum and/or Kanban
- Certified Associate in Project Management Certification or Project Management Professional (PMP) certified
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and writing skills, time management skills, and superior attention to detail
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to work cross-culturally and with remote cross-functional team members
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects to meet goals, deliverables, and deadlines
- Ability to pivot and respond effectively to changing priorities and keep track of project deadlines
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$94,247.00 - $160,220.00
Rockville, MD (MD18)