Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Technical Writer (Remote)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We are seeking a Technical Writer who is a detail-oriented self-starter with excellent communication skills to help us create technical and strategic deliverables. The individual in this role will be responsible for coordination with the client and other ICF teams.
You will work with a dynamic team of communications professionals and designers and collaborate with IT, digital modernization, change management, and customer experience (CX) experts all committed to ensuring a seamless IT experience to our federal government clients.
You will work hand-in-hand with the digital modernization experts to implement communications strategies and customer engagement plans to ensure successful rollout, implementation, and adoption of technology within the federal government. This work includes developing training materials, technical documentation, standard operating procedures, general communications, blog posts, customer stakeholder engagement, etc.
- Research highly technical subject matter and create communications materials which are clear and understandable to a wide audience.
- Support project managers in strategic communications planning, program development, digital communications, materials development, related research, and customer outreach.
- Create, maintain, and publish templates, technical resources, blog posts, case studies, user guides/standard operating procedures, white papers, executive level briefings, policies, orientation materials, trainings, and other project documentation as needed.
- Establish rapport and working relationships with clients, leadership executives, and subject matter experts and work with Help Desks to uncover needs.
- Create and manage client-facing knowledge bases.
- Evaluate technical documentation for user-friendliness and completeness.
- Identify gaps in documentation and develop plans to address them.
- Provide technical input, editorial support, and proofreading for communications materials and executive presentations.
- Assume ownership of project tasks and serve as a lead for technical documentation.
- 3+ years of experience creating documentation for IT, software, or other technology-based areas within agency, marketing, or IT environments.
- 2+ years of experience creating marketing and communications materials
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Communications, English, Writing, Marketing, or related field
- Must be able to obtain a government security clearance, per contract requirements
- U.S. citizenship required (required by Federal government for the position)
- Excellent client service and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility in handling overlapping project goals and changing priories.
- Talent for communicating clearly and concisely and collaborating with all types of personalities.
- Ability to communicate complex information to audiences.
- Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions to clients’ communications challenges and problems.
- Understand IT as it relates to increased efficiency in business processes across a company or agency.
- Experience supporting enterprise-level IT programs and communications
- Strong writer and editor
- Demonstrated ability to leverage myriad communications channels
- Ability to develop, document, and publish technical processes while juggling multiple priorities, deadlines, and documentation suites at once
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications, particularly Microsoft Word
- Familiarity with federal Plain Language Guidelines, Section 508 requirements, and Agile and/or development cycles such as SDLC or EPLC
- Experience working with cloud-based platforms, including Salesforce, Appian, ServiceNow, MuleSoft, etc.
- Experience creating training materials, including decks, scripts, handouts, and image/video editing (such as Snagit and Camtasia)
- Experience with SharePoint sites / setting up and managing knowledge bases
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is
$50,081.00 - $85,138.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)