Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Technical Writer ( Documentation Specialist ) - Remote
*We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the US.*
ICF’s Digital Modernization Division is a leading provider of Digital Transformation services for Federal agencies. Our services focus on enabling agency mission and business transformation using industry-leading low-code platforms, mobile applications, robotics process automation, and data analytics platforms. We are partnered with some of the world’s leading and most innovative companies like Salesforce, ServiceNow, Microsoft and UiPath. We focus on offering a full range of architecture and planning, system implementation, integration, analytics, and O&M for our customers.
We are hiring a Technical Writer (Documentation Specialist) to support our development teams in creating technical guidelines, documenting operating procedures, and designing supportive visual documentation.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of user training materials, technical diagrams, release notes, and other computer application support materials for complex enterprise data processing applications
- Define and implement style guidelines and standards for all technical documentation
- Maintain version control of documentation and maintain company libraries for this material
- Analyze application development by interacting directly with the application development team to catalog operating procedures, process flow, and software functional documentation
- Gather requirements and content by interviewing subject matter experts, reviewing existing documentation and by gleaning information from the system or product being documented
- Design and write documentation on selected applications. Ensures all documentation is delivered according to specified guidelines. Proofreads documents for accuracy. Work with technical resources to improve document quality and usability. May participate in design and navigation sessions. Track and correct documentation defects.
- Work with team members and customers collaboratively, develop and support a document library around the systems in use.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance per Federal contract requirement
- 2+ years experience producing technical documentation using MS Office Suite
- 2+ years of data analysis experience
- 2+ years of technical experience with Process Flow Diagrams, Swim Lane Diagrams, and Computer Network Diagrams
- 2+ years presenting technical concepts effectively both written and verbally
- Associates degree
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience with the definition and use of document configuration control processes
- 2+ years of business analysis experience
- Experience with development of training materials, process flows and release notes for data processing systems
- Interest in learning about new technologies
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)