Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Technical Project Manager/Scrum Master
Our Public Sector Group (PSG) is growing, and we are looking for a talented, highly motivated Technical Project Manager/Scrum Master to join our Engineering and Emerging Technologies (EET) line of business for supporting a large government contract in the DC metro area.
What you’ll be doing:Responsible for the overall performance of a large-scale technical modernization project in accordance with contract requirements and company policies, procedures, and guidelines. Strong leader in I.T. modernization projects. Has a good mix of project management, business analyst, and knowledge of data projects involving data engineering, AI/ML and reporting. Directs and supervises all support resources for the performance of project assignments and activities. Manages the technical direction of a project through the requirements, design, testing, and implementation in a multi-phase project in accordance with project objectives. Trains and directs employee work activities. Also, responsible for supporting new business development by assisting with proposals.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Manage a fast-paced data project for a federal government client.
• Manage multiple agile teams deploying IT solutions via a multi-phased approach.
• Ensure that all project goals are accomplished according to specifications and business objectives.
• Exercises broadly delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing multiple routine and complex project requirements and expectations.
• Will be client-facing and required to deliver project phases on time and within budget; will plan and manage development schedules, work closely with development teams, and communicate timely status/progress to multiple stakeholders in an agile manner.
• Provides thought leadership to project analyses and process improvement activities.
• Clearly documents and presents findings including creation of diagrams and procedure documentation.
• Responsible for driving recommendations through to implementation.• Communicates effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
The qualified candidate’s resume will demonstrate the following experience:
• Leading multiple agile teams
• Performing cost/benefit and other appropriate analyses using quantitative and qualitative analytical methods
• Implementing new and emerging IT technologies, applications
• Working with customers to assess needs and problem resolution
• Effective oral communication to individuals and large groups solving complex problems• Communication experience to include oral, written, and formal presentation skills
What you must have:
• Bachelor’s degree (or higher); Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or program.
• Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Manager Professional Certified (PMP)
• 5 or more years of project management experience with demonstrated experience in leading large multidisciplinary project teams through all phases of a project lifecycle to include risk management
• 5 or more years of experience leading projects with focus on emerging technologies such as big data analytics, AI/ML and Robotic Process Automation
• 10 or more years specialized, progressive experience in program management for complex IT programs• US Citizenship or Green Card. Employment must be compliant with eligibility for Public Trust due to Government Contract
What we’d like you to have:
• Project Management Institute (PMI) Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) strongly preferred
• Certified Scrum Master strongly preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud platforms is highly preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, matrixed team environment, with a client-centric culture, and an environment of high performers.
• Able to multi-task and shift priorities as needed.
• Work effectively with numerous stakeholder types and bring a group to consensus.
• Strong and consistent experience with project budgeting and scheduling.
• Experience with client development; building on existing and introducing new products and/or services.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.• Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially in a client interaction context.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)