Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Technical Operations Developer | 100% Remote Opportunity!
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
The ICF Next Tally Operations team is responsible for providing day-to-day technical IT operational support for our loyalty clients and for the leading-edge technologies that support them.
- As a team member you will help support our Production environment by monitoring applications and technologies, performing incident management, facilitating reporting on the health of our systems, and researching ad hoc issues oftentimes working with team members from other disciplines not only within our company but with our clients and vendors as well.
- If you find a defect in our application code, you may be assigned to correct it. You may also be assigned as an Owner or Subject Matter Expert in administering leading edge technologies such as Kafka, Kubernetes, Elastic, Grafana, or AppDynamics.
- Your ideas and contributions to continuous improvement initiatives will be valued.
We are looking for a motivated and accountable person who seeks a fast-paced agile environment and has a willingness and ability to learn. A successful candidate will be able to triage the details of a technical situation, understand the broader context in which it exists, develop a plan of action to resolve it, and effectively communicate the situation status to stakeholders who have different perspectives. Being a good team player is a must.
- Provide prioritization, analysis, and resolution of assigned incidents, changes, and service requests
- Communicate status to stakeholders
- Provide administrative support and cross training for technologies owned within the Tally Operations team possibly serving as an Owner or Subject Matter Expert. Maintain related documentation.
- Build collaborative relationships with team members in other disciplines (development, operations, QA, security, project management, application architecture, hosting services, and business teams).
- Contribute to and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Support the definition and implementation of Operational standards.
- Contribute to and support the technology/tool lifecycle including operationalizing new technologies
- Support and enhance monitoring and reporting on the health of our systems
- Serve in a rotation within a 24x7 on-call team
- Bachelor Degree with a technology emphasis or equivalent education/experience
- 2 years of Java programming experience including the ability to read and diagnose Java exceptions
- Experience querying relational databases (e.g. SQL Server)
- Familiarity with Linux OS and Windows OS
Preferred Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead meetings
- Familiarity with Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence)
- Strong attention to detail and effective analytic and triage skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to understand different perspectives and communicate appropriately
We would support you working remotely from your home, in one of our ICF offices or in a hybrid situation...whatever works best for you!
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include embracing difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)