Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
Enjoy helping organizations achieve their communications goals by editing technical and communication documents before they are shared with the public? We are currently hiring a Technical Editor to edit documents and deliverables for a cybersecurity related organization. In this role, you will work with creatives and cybersecurity experts to lead a team responsible for editing and researching content for a variety of technical and communication deliverables.
This role will be located on site in Arlington, Va.
- Use Government standard operating procedures (SOPs), provide professional technical writing and editing services on materials such as informational products, presentations, press releases, reports, etc., while complying with DHS style guides and quality control measures.
- Provide authoring and full-scale editing services for SOPs, reports, slick sheets, presentations, social media messaging, and other materials as requested.
- Manage stakeholder input, fact-checking, and integration of written text and graphic design work as necessary.
- Ensure consistency of messaging and updates across all CSD printed materials and online content.
- Prepare, design and publish documents and media that are distributed to a large government, national and international user-base.
- Support the development of targeted and strategic communications collateral (e.g., Annual Reports, monthly operational newsletters).
- High-level government security clearance required per contract.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field.
- 8+ years of experience in writing/editing.
- Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively.
- Experience reviewing and editing work products written by other team members.
- Mastery of English grammar, sentences syntax and formatting.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office products including Word and PowerPoint.
- Display a high degree of initiative and ability to work independently under minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service orientation with strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)