Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Technical Director for Nutrition and Health Systems Research
ICF is seeking candidates for the role of Technical Director for Nutrition and Health Systems Research for an anticipated United States Agency for International Development (USAID) global nutrition research in health systems project. The position will be based in Rockville, MD but may involve frequent international travel.
The Technical Director will serve as the project’s technical leader, responsible for providing the technical vision and ensuring quality implementation of the project at the global and country levels. The Technical Director will serve as the lead technical resource on nutrition monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning. The Technical Director will also assist the Project Director in overall planning and management of the project.
- Provide technical direction and oversight to ensure a shared vision for project activities and outcomes, address implementation challenges, and encourage the sharing of best practices and project successes
- Engage with local partners and institutions to conduct nutrition research, monitoring, evaluation, translation, and learning activities, including fostering an environment of shared learning and capacity strengthening
- Oversee the accuracy and quality of the research and ensure that research standards are being met
- Ensure timely submission of high-quality plans, reports, and other deliverables.
- Represent USAID and global and country levels to share project evidence and best practices through presenting at conferences and writing journal manuscripts
- Serve as a critical member of the project leadership team, mentoring individuals and collaborating closely with other management staff
- Advanced degree in nutrition, public health, health systems, international development, or related degree
- 8+ years of experience leading nutrition and health research, monitoring, evaluation, learning, and translation activities
- 8+ years of experience managing large, complex donor-funded international development programs, including managing and supervising large research consortiums or teams, preferably with USAID
- 5+ years of experience working with government officials, researchers, partners, and local stakeholders, contributing to the design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation, and research
- Doctoral (PhD, medical, DrPH, etc.) degree in nutrition, public health, health systems, international development, or related degree
- Knowledge of global guidance and technical literature on nutrition and health systems in low- and middle-income countries
- Proven track record in the design and implementation of nutrition research, including quantitative analysis and mixed-methods research and the ability to translate research findings into learning
- Experience with USAID monitoring, evaluation, and learning and reporting requirements
- Experience working with national and subnational-level government officials and health providers, and other relevant stakeholders
- Experience working in low- and middle-income countries
- Advanced communication, writing, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work successfully in teams and with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Fluency in spoken and written French or another language
- Willingness and ability to travel a minimum of 25% internationally and other travel as needed (temporarily remote work, post-COVID travel in line with public health guidelines)
- Authorization to work in the United States
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award-winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity) Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$77,890.00 - $132,413.00
Rockville, MD (MD18)