Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Technical Business Process Consultant
ICF seeks a Technical Business Process Consultant to lead scrum teams for our Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) clients. Work experience should highlight public health information systems or clinical health IT business acumen, management consulting, quality management and control and project leadership. The consultant demonstrates a proven track record of successful requirements elicitation, change management and agile project experience focused on quality, risk mitigation and innovation management. Dedicated to excellence in customer service and proven track record of working with federal clients in a professional manner. The candidate should showcase project delivery experience supporting IT and public/clinical health programs and relevant experience in management consulting. Work experience should highlight a proven track record of success in supporting complex, large-scale technology initiatives. The candidate should have strong quantitative, analytical, communication and writing skills. This position is currently remote due to the COVID-19 outbreak but will be on-site with our federal clients in Atlanta, GA once CDC Offices re-open.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., computer information systems, communications, public health, business administration); master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience in business process consulting, management consulting, change management, technology consulting and management
- Experience and comfort leading agile projects (e.g., Scrum, Kanban) and working knowledge of scaled agile methodologies (e.g., SAFe); specialized knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) frameworks used to manage risks and issues unique to complex technology projects
- Experience leading JAD sessions and documenting the "as-is" and "to-be" requirements in order to translate into epics, features, and user stories with acceptance criteria
- Willingness to understand and showcase product functionality through presentations, guided user training and demonstrations, webinars
- Proven acumen in quality assurance / software testing, leading development team(s) and facilitating working sessions with the clients
- Performs product testing to assure that product changes meet business requirements, and work hand in hand with technical team members to resolve defects.
- Strengthens team's reputation for operational excellence, quality delivery standards and high-performance customer delivery by accepting ownership for work products, while actively exploring opportunities to innovate
- Change management and communication – experienced with defining and executing change management strategies that drive optimal adoption and usage of technology initiatives
- Governance, risk, and compliance – experienced with establishing a foundation (roles, responsibilities, methodology, processes, meeting cadences, etc.) for optimizing risk/issue management and compliance to defined program guardrails.
- Leadership and flexibility – proven ability to lead small, diverse project teams during normal day-to-day operations as well as e.g., emergency response events (e.g., infectious disease outbreaks)
- Ability to develop opportunities, supervise small project teams, and oversee work for clients
- Ability to manage client expectations and balance product development with operations and maintenance; results-driven project lead who aims to achieve a high level of customer service
- The candidate will conduct briefings, prepare talking points, status reports and presentations, respond to senior management, and perform other associated duties as required.
- Ability to work effectively with clients using strong customer relationship skills, innovative thinking, and sensitivity to their mission.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead, work independently and collaboratively with a team; energetic, assertive, organized, and detail oriented.
- Understanding of public health and/or federal healthcare is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of PHII’s Collaborative Requirements Development Methodology (CRDM) and/or
- Working knowledge and proven application of principles and methodologies described in the Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK ®) published by the Internal Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA ®)
- Ability to lead a large, diversified program management team, supervise and staff mentorship
- Working knowledge of business intelligence, analytics, and cloud systems
- Experience with the HHS Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC) framework
- Demonstrated experience in analysis of alternatives, technical product selection, systems theory, design thinking, technical design, and practical implementation of technological solutions
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making capabilities
- Proven leadership ability to in a complex Federal environment
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and/or Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP ®), preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., business, communications, information systems, information technology), required; Master of Public Health (MPH), Master of Business Administration (MBA), or Equivalent, preferred
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Alabama Remote Office (AL99)