Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Technical Business Analyst (ATO) (REMOTE)
ICF seeks an experienced Technical Business Analyst to develop federal client Authority to Operate (ATO) packages, review deliverables for compliance, verify alignment of artifacts to appropriate NIST controls. The Technical Business Analyst is responsible for creating strategic work products, support stakeholder meetings and conduct a variety of strategic, operational, and technical analyses. The derole is dynamic and will require a candidate that is able to work productively and efficiently in a team-oriented environment, is open to stretch assignments, and can handle a variety of tasks simultaneously. Experience working on federal government ATOs is needed.
**This role can be remote, sitting anywhere within the US, prefer candidates within driving distance of Washington DC area**
What will you be doing:
- Perform requirements gathering through stakeholder interviews, and the analysis of document and technical artifacts, use cases, user scenarios, code and database reviews, and through participation in workshop sessions.
- Lead new policy creation and updates to policies as needed to comply with Risk Management Framework (RMF) security controls and assessment procedures.
- Author clear and concise technical and security requirements documentation.
- Review project artifacts for compliance with federal client policy, develop and execute plans of action and milestones (POA&M), and facilitate the navigation of project governance and risk management frameworks.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of requirements — verbally and/or through written documentation — to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Develop strategies and products to communicate key program operations activities, progress, and accomplishments to internal/external stakeholders.
- Support integration of new systems, programs and applications within the development portfolio.
- Build strong relationships with clients and stakeholders.
What you must have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related technical fields.
- 4 or more years of experience working with waterfall and agile project methodologies utilizing Agile tools (Jira, Confluence).
- 3 or more years of experience with applying knowledge of cybersecurity concepts, U.S. Federal Government Authority to Operate (ATO) policies, processes and IT governance frameworks to federal programs and projects.
- 2 or more years experience running and interpreting application and network security scans.
- 2 or more years of experience communicating with senior government clients, leading discussions and confidently discussing project Issues and Risks and proposing solutions.
- 2 or more years of experience with modern information and cybersecurity technology concepts including FedRAMP/AWS GovCloud, network/server topologies and configurations to federal programs and projects.
- Due to federal contract, candidates must be either US Citizen or Permanent Resident. Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
What we'd like you to have:
- Public sector consulting experience at the Federal level.
- Actively participated or led at least one program through the ATO process at the FISMA moderate level.
- Develop an understanding of client business process and technical requirements and translate them into specific solution requirements.
- Proactive nature, consistently demonstrates Initiative to take ownership of resolving Issues and gaps
- Strong knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures, and technical standards
- Excellent oral and written communication/presentation skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)