Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Technical Business Analyst
Technical Business Analyst
Reston, Virginia or Remote
Ready to make a difference?ICF is seeking a Business Analyst to work in our Fairfax, Virginia office. In this role, you will work with project managers, technical architects, and clients to help define and organize business and technical requirements for tools and products supporting our energy efficiency programs. This involves interviewing stakeholders to help refine and maintain requirements, working with the development team to implement the updates, comprehensive testing of the system, keeping product documentation and artifacts up to date, and helping to track and manage project tasks. Candidates should be highly independent and driven to follow-up on tasks without prompting.
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What will you be doing:
- Define, coordinate, and track tasks related to software updates, migrations, and deployments.
- Create stories and tasks in JIRA to support the execution of client deliverables
- Support meetings with stakeholders and help prepare functional requirements documentation, including business requirements, functional specifications, and user stories
- Support all aspects of the software development cycle including requirements, design, testing, and delivery.
- Develop and maintain functional design documentation
- Generate requirement specifications, use cases, process flow diagrams, and other system documentation into concise and specific language to facilitate stakeholder understanding
- Work closely with the development team on requirements, design, and testing of new enhancements and bug fixes
- Support stakeholders through training, as well as one-on-one technical assistance
- Develop an understanding of the operational processes and procedures and take initiative on process improvements
What you need to have (minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor's in (IT, Information Systems, Data Analytics, Engineering, Math or closely related field)
- 5+ years of experience supporting aspects of the software development life cycle
- 3+ years Identifying, tracking, and coordinating software development team tasks
- 3+ years developing system documentation to track issues and to work with developers to ensure that requirements are being met
What we would like you to have:
- Experience with issue tracking and project management tools such as JIRA, SharePoint and/or Smartsheet
- Experience with SQL
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite of products
- Resourceful and self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Works collaboratively and cohesively in a team environment
- Balances and prioritizes multiple projects to meet goals, deliverables, and deadlines
- Extremely well-organized with a high appreciation for details
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$75,157.00 - $127,767.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)