Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Technical Business Analyst
Technical Business Analyst
Remote | Preferred East Coast
To support our recent growth, we are currently seeking a Technical Business Analyst in ICF’s energy efficiency and demand response portfolios. The Technical Business Analyst will support tasks within the software development cycle and be responsible for systems, data, and business intelligence. Support delivery on IT projects within the demand response, smart home integration and energy efficiency within the utility sector.
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of the community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
What you will be doing:
- Support all aspects of the software development cycle including requirements, design, testing, data management , creation and delivery of energy efficiency tracking and reporting tools
- Work with stakeholders of IT systems to define the system requirements and design approach
- Aid in the design and Implementations of the Data Integrations between the systems
- Analyze large volumes of data to perform analytics
- Communicate regularly and effectively with team members as to the status of various tasks, including presenting during status update meetings
- Develop an understanding of the client processes and procedures and assist with making improvements relative to technology
- Work with a team of senior technologists and to deliver solutions for clients
- Support users through training, as well as provide one-on-one technical assistance
What we need you to have (minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 3+ years of experience within IT sector
- Experience in the development of standard documentation – requirements specifications, use cases, design specifications, test plans and test scripts and other supporting system documentation
What we would like you to have:
- Experience/Exposure in the utility, energy, and/or energy efficiency sectors is a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in MS Office products, such as Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Strong customer service focus, project planning, and organizational skills
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects to meet goals, deliverables, and deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively and cohesively in a team environment and to coordinate amongst diverse program stakeholders
- Experience with testing software, tracking issues, and working with developers to ensure that requirements are being met
- Experience with content management systems, including user roles, configuration, and content editing
- Ability to write basic HTML and SQL, experience in Data Integration and knowledge of reporting tools like Cognos, Microsoft Power BI
- Knowledge of Project, Change, Configuration and Release management is a plus
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)