Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Technical Business Analyst
ICF seeks an experienced Technical Business Analyst to develop review deliverables for compliance and assist an HIV project to promote public safety. The Technical Business Analyst is responsible for creating strategic work products, support stakeholder meetings and conduct a variety of strategic, operational, and technical analyses. The role is dynamic and will require a candidate that is able to work productively and efficiently in a team-oriented environment, is open to stretch assignments, and can handle a variety of technical analysis and business analysis tasks simultaneously.
Location: Flexible - this role can be long term remote, however, we prefer candidates to sit in the Washington DC Metro area, or other metro locations where we have an office. Once restrictions are lifted, we would prefer this team member to sit at our corporate offices in northern VA (Fairfax) area.
What will you be doing?
- Perform requirements gathering through stakeholder interviews, and the analysis of document and technical artifacts, use cases, user scenarios, code and database reviews, and through participation in workshop sessions.
- Author clear and concise technical requirement documentation.
- Use technical scripting, SQL statements, etc., in order to analyze data, troubleshoot the system, etc.
- Review project artifacts for compliance with federal client policy, project goals, and Authority to Operate (ATO) develop and execute plans of action and milestones (POAM) and facilitate the navigation of project governance and risk management frameworks.
- Work closely with the Systems development team and coordinate new requirements, enhancements and issues clearly, and aligns with the business needs.
- Work closely with Senior technical architects and security experts.
- Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications of requirements — verbally and/or through written documentation — to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Manage data entry and recommend process improvements for complex data gathering efforts using spreadsheets, databases, and project management tools such as Jira.
- Develop strategies and products to communicate key program operations activities, progress, and accomplishments to internal/external stakeholders.
- Build strong relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- The Technical Analyst will also support the following tasks, when needed, as part of a cross-functional Agile delivery team:
- Review and refinement of Design Artifacts such as wireframes using prototyping software like Axure RP to discuss potential solution options and receive feedback from the client on complex requirements.
- Review and refinement of visual artifacts such as process flows, sequence diagrams, data flow diagram, and system architecture diagram.
- Quality assurance testing using standard software testing principles to ensure delivery of high-quality software to the client.
- Facilitation of Agile Scrum ceremonies, such as Backlog grooming sessions, for iterative development of capability based on prioritization.
What you must have:
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor's Degree In MIS, Engineering, Computer Science, Business, or related technical fields.
- 5 or more years of experience communicating with senior government clients, leading discussions, and confidently discussing technical and project Issues and Risks and proposing solutions.
- 5 or more years of experience working with Agile tools (Jira, Confluence)
- 5 or more years of experience working on Agile Delivery project(s) (Scrum Master or Product Owner certification preferred)
- 5 or more years of experience with documenting requirements in Atlassian JIRA and Confluence. Able to manage backlog, sprints, and releases in JIRA.
- 3 or more years of experience with survey research and/or data management projects.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
- 1 or more years of experience working with U.S. Federal Government Authority to Operate (ATO) process steps, artifacts, and IT governance frameworks
What we'd like you to have:
- Public sector consulting experience at the Federal level.
- Exposure to the ATO process at the FISMA moderate level.
- Proactive nature, consistently demonstrates initiative to take ownership of resolving Issues and gaps
- Strong knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures, and technical standards
- Excellent oral and written communication/presentation skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)