Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
TB Diagnostic Specialist – Tuberculosis Diagnostic Network Strengthening (TBDNS)
TB Diagnostic Specialist - Tuberculosis Diagnostics Network Strengthening (TBDNS)
Are you passionate about improving quality of life through accessible public health services? Then consider ICF, we work at the forefront of today’s global health issues, helping clients understand the specific needs of diverse populations and address complex health challenges with behavior and disease surveillance and monitoring, research and surveys, technical assistance, and organizational capacity building support.
ICF is seeking candidates for the role of TB Diagnostic Specialist for the anticipated USAID Tuberculosis Diagnostics Network Strengthening (TBDNS) project. The Tuberculosis Diagnostics Network Strengthening activity will apply system strengthening interventions to improve the quality of TB laboratory diagnostics, strengthen information management systems, and improve sample transportation networks. The purpose of this five-year project will be to encourage research and innovation to accelerate performance improvements. Strengthening the overall diagnostic network within Bangladesh will improve timely and accurate TB diagnosis, so patients can be linked to care and treatment services, reducing the spread of TB and decreasing mortality rates. TBDNS will support two objectives: Objective 1: Improve Diagnostic Network Service Delivery and Objective 2: Ensure Diagnostic Network Quality.
The position will be based in Bangladesh but may involve international travel. ICF is seeking a TB Diagnostics Specialist to be responsible for supporting, strengthening, and maintaining the tuberculosis (TB) diagnostic network, providing mentorship to key national stakeholders, and supporting key laboratories to obtain or maintain accreditation. The TB Diagnostics Specialist will be responsible for providing technical TB/DR-TB guidance for strengthening Bangladesh’s national TB diagnostic networks, information management systems, and sample transportation networks.
- Implement tuberculosis-focused technical assistance, diagnostic network and facilities strengthening, and quality improvement interventions in line with national priorities.
- Support developing or updating national diagnostic network strategic plans, SOPs, and policies.
- Review adherence to diagnostic algorithms and use of those algorithms to make clinical decisions.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance in the development of strategies, targets and milestones for sub-agreements and partnerships which align with the USG Global TB Strategy, the Global Plan to Stop TB and WHO END TB strategies, targets and milestones.
- Conducts assessments of diagnostic facilities and the follow-up of corrective and preventive actions and initiatives.
- Provides technical oversight for data management and reporting of MDR TB and monitors and reports progress with diagnostic network enhancement activities as per the approved country workplan.
- Work collaboratively and coordinate with other technical staff as well as project partners on development and implementation of the project workplans.
- Build capacity in local TB diagnostic stakeholders and leaders to identify and oversee enhancements in diagnostic networks.
- Provide technical assistance and training to TB diagnostic facilities and the overall diagnostic network as part of overall capacity building and continuous improvement programs.
- Support strategies to ensure functional TB diagnostic equipment including systems to maintain laboratory equipment, securing maintenance contracts, and establishing a cadre of trained biomedical engineers.
- Build capacity of TB laboratories to perform more TB diagnostic tests (culture, Xpert, drug sensitivity tests, and line probe assay including resistance to second line drugs).
- Develop and implement a package of comprehensive and linked interventions enabling functional GX sites at the national and sub national levels.
- Work closely with the Deputy Chief of Party to define and adjust annual work plans as well as implementing technical activities.
- Coordinate and work with a diverse group of national organizations including the Government and other diagnostic network leaders, development partners, other regional and global TBDNS staff and USAID.
- Follow established processes to guarantee the technical and programmatic quality of USAID Tuberculosis Diagnostics Network Strengthening (TBDNS).
- Advanced degree in clinical diagnostics, laboratory science, medicine, or related public health field
- 10 + years of experience providing technical support to TB and DR-TB in Bangladesh or in the region, prior experience with USAID or other donor-funded projects required.
- 10 + years of technical competency in the diagnosis of infectious diseases (including TB) and AMR including specific hands-on diagnostics experience.
- 10 + years of experience introducing and implementing new TB policies, such as new pediatric TB drug formulations, shortened treatment regimens for MDR-TB, new TB drugs, and GeneXpert.
- Familiarity with Global Laboratory Initiative standards
- Knowledge of and experience implementing patient-centered health care.
- Competent in current diagnostic methods for tuberculosis including point-of-care tests.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal skills in facilitation and stakeholder engagement/coordination
- Authorization to work in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Familiarity with USG programs
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award-winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$0.00 - $0.00
Maryland Remote Office (MD99)