Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF (www.icf.com) is a consultancy firm with offices in the UK, Belgium, US and worldwide. At ICF, we help governments, public agencies and international institutions solve complex problems and improve the quality of life of people around the world. We offer critical insight and rigorous analytical techniques to deliver innovative solutions and thought-provoking analyses for our clients.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigour to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to assist our clients and benefit their constituencies. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
About the team
The candidate will be part of the International Corporate Tax Team (which is mainly based out of US and UK), with direct reporting line to the Europe & Asia (‘E&A’) Tax Manager (Delhi Office).
Due to it being a lean team, the candidate will need to be a self-starter, with ability to learn quickly and at times work with minimal supervision, as well as good understanding of local commercial operations to maintain and strengthen the relationship between tax, accounting and business operation teams.
About the role
The ideal candidate should have minimal 3-4 years’ experience with India corporate income tax, exposure to India Indirect taxes and transfer pricing. Need to have solid US GAAP reporting experience to meet quarterly tax compliance/provisioning needs. Exposure to more than one tax regime in Asia is a bonus.
Detailed Role & Responsibility: Objectives
Closely work with E&A Tax Manager in establishing strategies for taxes and ensuring compliance with applicable tax regulations and acting as a tax advisor.
- To contribute to business performance through effective Tax planning and strategies which are in alignment to overall business strategies.
- To be overall responsible for the tax compliance of Taxes of all Indian entities
The day to day of the role varies and can include:
Tax Compliances: To be overall responsible for the tax compliance of Direct tax and Transfer pricing of Indian entities.
- Work with Tax Manager on Tax compliances as a whole so as to ensure risk free environment for the business.
- Updating Compliance tool timely and drive the compliance culture
- Preparation & Review of tax calculations, estimates and report accruals
- Tax compliance health checks & taking correcting actions
- Ensuring all returns are filed and payments are made on time with no defaults
- Major applicable Laws: Income tax, Transfer Pricing
Tax Accounting: Plan and coordinate for periodic closing for Tax accounting and reporting purposes as per the reporting requirements- Both statutory and group requirements
- Plan and coordinate for periodic closing for Tax accounting and reporting purposes as per the reporting requirements- Both statutory and internal group requirements
- Coordinate with the tax auditors (Tax Audits, Transfer pricing, etc) to make audit plan in consultation with various departments/ locations and ensure audit is completed in time with no serious concerns.
- Assist in Preparation of annual Return to Provision reconciliation for all E&A entities. Quarterly
- Assist in Preparation of Transfer Pricing calculations for all ICF Entities within E&A together with the associated quarterly tax provision based on approved transfer pricing adjustment. Quarterly
- Preparation of Corporation tax instalment payment schedules across E&A. Quarterly
- Reconciliation of Tax P&L Effective Tax Rate and Tax Balance Sheet accounts (CIT, WHT) including local statutory to US GAAP tax reconciliations. Quarterly
Tax audit audit litigation Management: Assist in End-to-End Management of litigation at various forums (India)
- Assist with any submission preparation, rewspond to order/notices/information from AO
- Assist in filing rectification and acquire stays etc.
- Partner with DT lead to manage past litigations for both DT at various forums
- Monthly tax litigation status and reporting
- Coordination of 3rd party service providers, legal counsels and service delivery management including performance KPIs
- Optimization of litigation costs
BIDs support: Conducting research on International Tax treaties between UK/E&A regions and other countries, determining the lowest Tax withholding rate, PE threshold, transactional taxes and any other Indirect Taxes applicable in the country.
Permanent Establishment Reporting and Monitoring : Assist with Permanent Establishment (PE) monitoring (including calendar monitoring of Consultants working in foreign jurisdiction).
Corporate Restructuring and Entity Rationalizations: Assist Senior Tax Director and Tax manager on ad-hoc projects by carrying out relevant research.
- Tax registration and deregistration in a new foreign jurisdiction, Entities rationalization, mergers, liquidation and office closures.
- Other business restructuring or balance sheet clean up exercise including evaluation of tax impacts of capital gains event, dividend repatriation, debt assignment, waiver, etc.
Assist with ad hoc tax enquiries:
Assist tax manager with the reviews of foreign VAT Returns, address ad hoc questions on VAT and other indirect taxes.
Qualification And Requirement
- Should have 3-5 Years of experience in
- Should be a subject matter expert in Withholding tax, Corp Tax and Transfer Price
- Should have good Communication & Presentation skills
- Should possess a good business acumen, be detail oriented, pro-active & result oriented
- Should have hands-on working experience in filing of Direct tax, WHT and TP returns being 3CEB, ITR, etc.
- Should have independently handled various Government Audits
- Should have good interpersonal skills and ability to liaise with colleagues at various levels of operations, logistics, and accounting in ensuring Tax compliance
- Should have interacted with various Tax authorities, including appearing before them on Summons, enquiry, investigation etc. and handling the proceedings related thereto.
- Ability to draft reply to notices or enquiries from various Government departments independently
- Should have exposure to the business processes with ability to point out clearly any specific compliance & reporting requirement, suggest corrective actions based on gap analysis.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
New Delhi, India (II77)