Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF (www.icf.com) is a consultancy firm with offices in the UK, Belgium, US and worldwide. At ICF, we help governments, public agencies and international institutions solve complex problems and improve the quality of life of people around the world. We offer critical insight and rigorous analytical techniques to deliver innovative solutions and thought-provoking analyses for our clients.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigour to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to assist our clients and benefit their constituencies. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
About the team
The candidate will be part of the International Corporate Tax Team (which is mainly based out of US and UK), with direct reporting line to the Europe & Asia (‘E&A’) Senior Director (London Office). Depending on location of the candidate, may also have a dotted line to Belgium Controller.
Given the dynamic of the dual reporting, the candidate will need to be a self-starter, with ability to work autonomously and with minimal supervision, as well as good understanding of local commercial operations to maintain and strengthen the relationship between tax, accounting and business operation teams. If the candidate is based in Belgium, then there is requirement to work and report remotely given the Senior Director is based in London office.
About the role
ICF operates in multiple jurisdictions across the world and currently has presence in several European countries, including UK and Belgium. The ideal candidate should have good understanding of International tax, exposure to more than one tax regimes in Europe, and solid US GAAP reporting experience to meet quarterly tax compliance/provisioning needs.
International Tax – E&A support
Conducting research on International Tax treaties between UK/E&A regions and other countries, determining the lowest Tax withholding rate, PE threshold, transactional taxes and any other Indirect Taxes applicable in the country.
Permanent Establishment Reporting and Monitoring
Assist with Permanent Establishment (PE) monitoring (including calendar monitoring of Consultants working in foreign jurisdiction).
M&A, Corporate Restructuring and Entity Rationalisations
Assist Tax Director on ad-hoc projects and carry out relevant research such as:
Acquisitions and business transfers Tax registration and deregistration in a new foreign jurisdiction Entities rationalization, mergers, liquidation and office closures Other business restructuring and evaluation of tax impacts Dividend repatriation Intercompany balance clean-up / offset implications, assignment, waiver, etc.
General compliance activities e.g. Transfer Pricing/Return to Provision/Reconciliation, etc.
- Preparation of annual Return to Provision reconciliation for all E&A entities. Quarterly
- Preparation of Transfer Pricing calculations for all ICF Entities within E&A together with the associated quarterly tax provision based on approved transfer pricing adjustment. Quarterly
- Assist US Tax/ external resource (Thompson Reuters) relating to Transfer Pricing study for E&A entities, when required.
- Assist with completion of annual FORM 42 Share scheme Reporting to HMRC. Annual (May/June)
- Preparation of annual STBV (Short Term Business Visitors) Report to HMRC. Monitoring of STBV for UK offices every 2 months- report provided by UK office Manager. Annual submission to HMRC: April- deadline: 31 May.
- Assist with DAC6 evaluation and reporting on a needs basis on cross-border arrangements disclosures for European entities. Annual (Jul/Aug)
- Preparation of Corporation tax instalment payment schedules across E&A. Quarterly
- Reconciliation of Tax P&L Effective Tax Rate and Tax Balance Sheet accounts (CIT, WHT) including local statutory to US GAAP tax reconciliations. Quarterly
Domestic (UK & EMEA Tax Support) – region currently have established tax presence in Belgium, UK, Spain, Saudi Arabia
- Assist with UK, Belgium and Spanish entity tax related reporting – Forms vary depending on country; including:
Review of WHT Returns for EMEA entities where relevant. Review of VAT Returns and address ad hoc questions on VAT, indirect tax returns, local compliance needs, for EMEA entities, etc. Review of Corporation Tax Returns for EMEA entities. Annually. Review of Quarterly CIT Payment instalments for EMEA entities. Quarterly Assist with internal audit and SOX compliance activities for EMEA entities
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
Brussels, Belgium (BE75)