Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Tactical Network Security Researcher SME
ICF is seeking a Tactical Network Security Researcher SME to perform basic and applied research in tactical network security, design and conduct experiments, and produce publications based on analysis of experimental results for the United States Army Research Laboratory Network Security Branch. The Researcher will be expected to work closely with client research leads and with internal and external collaborators on Army relevant research topics in the tactical network security basic and applied research field.
- Maintain awareness of developments in tactical network security in the context of the Army mission. Read relevant publications in the field, follow academic and commercial developments, and be aware of Army doctrine and similar programs within the Army and DoD.
- Coordinate research programs with client research lead and external research collaborators.
- Design experiments for basic and applied research in tactical network security.
- Conduct experiments in conjunction with collaborators and supporting technical team.
- Analyze experimental results and document findings in research reports.
- Produce and assist with publications for peer-reviewed conferences and journals, technical reports, and other research-supporting documentation.
- Author/Co-author white papers and research proposals supporting research program.
Required Professional Skills:
- Understanding of the peer-reviewed conference and journal publication process, preferably with prior publishing experience of more than 5 peer-reviewed publications.
- Ability to independently generate topics for research and publications within the tactical network security area of interest.
- Ability to create and follow achievable schedules and deliverable products for research, development, and publishing efforts.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Ability to maintain active DoD clearance.
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in computer science or related information sciences field.
- 6-10 years experience in information sciences research and development.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office products such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Mature, self-motivated, adaptable and able to work well in a group environment.
- Ability to maintain professional work appearance, attire, and positive behaviors.
- Publication history with relevant information science topics, with at least some experience in one or more of the following areas: mobile/tactical networks, cybersecurity, internet of things (IoT), ad-hoc/mesh networks, software defined networks (SDN), and vehicle-to-vehicle (V2X) communication.
- Experience with software for network traffic capture and dissection, such as tcpdump, Wireshark, etc.
- Experience with machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) field and its applications, as well as software for ML/AI such as Tensorflow, Theano, Keras, Sci-Kit Learn.
- Familiarity with ICS/SCADA and control networks for vehicles, such as an understanding of the CAN bus, how electronic control units (ECUs) function and communicate, etc.
- Familiarity with the basics of Army-relevant mobile/tactical communications networks and waveforms.
- Familiarity with Unix, Python 3 and/or other programming languages, client-server operations, virtual machine usage for support of tactical network security research and development.
- Familiarity with game theory, prospect theory, digital blockchain.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)