Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Systems Engineering and Mission Analysts
ICF is seeking individuals with systems engineering, mission planning, and mission assurance backgrounds to provide strong programmatic, analytic, and technical support onsite at a number of Department of Defense (DOD) locations, many in the National Capital Region.
- Provide advice and technical support across systems engineering, military operations and mission planning, and mission assurance disciplines
- Work closely with government clients in collaborations across DOD Services and Combatant Commands and with other partners
- Identify potential issues and present suggested resolutions to clients
- Conduct assessments and analyses
- Prepare briefings and reports as requested
- Work effectively with other parts of the DOD organization, other agencies, and the ICF team to accomplish tasks
Basic Qualifications (vary by position):
- Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering or related discipline
- 4-20+ years of experience in the application of Systems Engineering methodologies and models in the federal Government, including expertise in Department of Defense Architecture Framework capabilities-based requirements processes
- Experience in supporting Mission Assurance Assessments and applying relates benchmarks, guidelines, instructions, and procedures
- Experience in Mission Decomposition
- Experience utilizing the DoD Strategic Mission Assurance Data System and related data systems to provide risk management for key DoD assets
- Experience working with DOD risk methodologies and developing risk management plans
- Experience assessing commercial-off-the-shelf systems engineering tools
- Experience with applying model-based system engineering principles and tools and in using systems engineering tools to identify gaps and overlaps in processes
- Experience with providing results and recommendations to senior leadership and working with the Services and Combatant Commands
- Security clearance required
- 4-20+ years of experience working on or supporting military operations or drug enforcement or relief missions
- Experience working on teams achieving shared goals and policy objectives
- Consulting experience on government contracts
- Strong project management experience and skills
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated research skills
- Ability to effectively manage several projects simultaneously, organize tasks, and effectively prioritize work
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)