Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Systems Analyst- REMOTE
ICF seeks a Systems Analyst to support the Administration for Children and Families’ (ACF) Children’s Bureau’s National Youth in Transition Database (NYTD). As the Systems Analyst you will partner with the client and software development team to optimize the experience of NYTD users from Children’s Bureau, states, and other government agencies.
NYTD collects information on youth in foster care including youth that receive state funded independent living services and demographic and outcome data. For this role, you do not have to be familiar with NYTD, other data collection/reporting systems such as AFCARS, NCANDS, CCWIS could also be helpful, as would other Federal or State Human Service Agency experience.
Occasional travel expected within US
- Provide direct help desk and technical assistance support via email and/or phone to NYTD federal and state users.
- Participate in the software development lifecycle through gathering system requirements, creating user stories, and software testing.
- Support the ACF’s OCIO’s IT governance process throughout the system development lifecycle, as needed.
- Develop technical assistance materials, such as technical bulletins, toolkits, etc. that are easily accessed and understood by state and federal users.
- Provide periodic training to federal and state staff on how to use federal reporting systems.
- Review state NYTD data collection systems and program code to determine how effectively states are meeting Federal NYTD requirements and provide recommendations on how to improve data quality.
- Plan and track pre- and post-site visit activities, improvement plans, and progress on improvement plans.
- Monitor the NYTD system for potential issues and troubleshoot problems that may interrupt the processing of incoming or outgoing files and maintain audit logs, including creating PL/SQL queries for researching database issues.
- Download, store, archive, and dispose of data files consistent with CB’s record retention requirements.
- Disseminate NYTD information to NYTD user groups.
- Support Children's Bureau (CB) program specialist with the data compliance review process
- Periodically review content of websites and data system documents for validity.
- Travel two - four times a year for one week at a time.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field
- 3+ years of experience, including the review of IT systems
- Must be able to obtain a public trust
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to write quality reports outlining findings and recommendations in plain language
- Lived experience, knowledge of child welfare programs, state/tribal child welfare information systems, and child welfare federal reporting (NYTD, AFCARS, NCANDS) or other social support programs
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
$80,656.00 - $137,116.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)