Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Sustainable Mobility Outreach Specialist (Dec 2022/May 2023 grad)
Sustainable Mobility Outreach Specialist
About ICF’s Transportation Practice
ICF’s Transportation Practice specializes in addressing complex planning, policy, and program issues at the nexus of transportation and the environment, energy, and communities. ICF’s work focuses on integrated approaches that support sustainable transportation decisions, addressing mobility, safety, environmental, social, and economic effects of transportation. Our work includes strategic planning, research, policy analysis, outreach, training, and program evaluation for federal, state, and local governments, including the U.S. Department of Transportation, the Transportation Research Board, state transportation and environmental agencies, and metropolitan planning organizations. We specialize in developing relationships with employers and communities to help them deploy sustainable practices; developing guidebooks and how-to manuals; and documenting best practices related to integrated planning, transportation operations, and the environment.
Location: New York City Region (New York City Midtown, Melville NY, or White Plains NY offices)
Our line of business is growing, and our client base is expanding quickly. We are seeking a Sustainable Mobility Outreach Specialist with the skills and interest to conduct targeted employer and community outreach for various projects. You will mostly support projects for New York State but may have opportunities to support projects in other states or at the Federal level. You should have a background or interest in sustainable transportation and air quality. You should be interested in encouraging people to change their travel behavior through emerging technologies and innovations. You must be comfortable speaking one-on-one with people via phone calls and at outreach events and presenting to large groups. ICF encourages independent thinkers and workers, and we are looking for individuals who bring new points of view to every project.
Your most important responsibilities will be to foster relationships with individuals at various employers or organizations and to attend meetings and public events to promote programs and strategies focusing on the use of emerging sustainable transportation modes. Topic areas may include ridesharing, mobility on demand, microtransit, shared mobility, electric vehicles, etc. Your outreach will include a combination of sales calls, emails, digital and in-person events and require you to leverage a variety of platforms and techniques to engage with potential partners regarding the implementation of sustainable transportation services. The public events are typically public community events attended by local residents of all ages and backgrounds. At these events, you will be required to engage in conversation with the attendees and promote the program and strategies. You will be accountable for achieving goals around membership sign-ups and new partnerships.
You will be required to travel within the Long Island region for meetings and events. Events may happen during the daytime or occasional evening hours.
This position offers the potential for advancement and growth. This position will be located in Melville, NY starting as soon as possible. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
- Work with a team to support client initiatives and promote sustainable mobility options. Identify and meet the needs of clients within established guidelines.
- Prospecting potential promotional opportunities and building relationships with new stakeholders.
- Meet key deliverables through outreach to stakeholders, including employers, universities, colleges, municipalities, and community-based organizations using a variety of contemporary and traditional tools.
- Facilitate virtual and on-site meetings and outreach events with stakeholders. Travel to stakeholder worksites within the region (Long Island) to support client initiatives 1-3 days per week.
- Preparing correct and on time activity reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Provide commuters technical assistance to solve commuting challenges. Assist commuters in registering for transportation programs.
Within resume or cover letter, please detail any experience with these areas:
- Outreach or sales experience working with stakeholders and community-based organizations.
- Transportation programs relating to carpooling, vanpooling, bicycling bikeshare, micro-transit, electric vehicles, and autonomous vehicles.
- Public relations or promotion of a product, organization, or service.
- Hosting or supporting presentations, events, and meetings with clients or stakeholders.
- Utilizing data, technological tools, training workshops, and innovative techniques to promote participation in programs.
- Collaborate with a project team and client to achieve established goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Sustainability, Environmental Science, or related subject.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Preferred Qualifications & Professional Skills:
- Adept oral and written communications skills.
- Experience conducting independent research and producing high quality documents.
- Comfortable using digital technology and possess a willingness to learn how to use new software and digital applications.
- Outgoing and personable, comfortable speaking in groups or one-on-one settings.
- Ability to work on multiple projects under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Consulting experience, specifically working with clients in the public sector.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Long Island region public transportation systems.
- Project management skills
- Experience supporting the launch or deployment of operational programs, products, and services that reduce single occupancy vehicle (SOV) commuting and vehicle miles of travel (VMT) including special attention to congested travel corridors and regions.
- Working with the business community, municipal officials, local / regional organizations, transportation information programs, transit providers, and other transportation demand management service providers.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New York, NY (NY18)