Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Sustainable Aviation Manager
Are you looking for a new opportunity to make the aviation industry more sustainable?
We currently have an exciting opening for an individual who understands the complexities of sustainability solutions and can apply these in an aviation context. Policy is critical to drive the aviation decarbonisation, so we’re looking to grow our team with a Sustainability Manager focusing on the rapidly evolving policy environment. You’ll need to be able to understand, evaluate and communicate the implications for airlines, airports, governments, international organizations, fuel producers, and investors. As a Manager, you’ll have responsibility for the day-to-day management of projects, working closely with clients and the wider team.
This role sits within our dedicated Sustainable Aviation team, part of the Aviation, Travel and Tourism consulting division, and would offer a range of opportunities to contribute to projects across the wider division.
What we do:
Decarbonising aviation is necessary but complex, and we work across the industry to help our clients develop the technologies, organisations and policies needed to achieve this ambition. The next decade will be key, with companies across the industry committing to sustainability targets, supported by rapidly improving technologies, regulations, and a clear recognition of the need for change.
Our experts help clients to navigate this complex, evolving landscape. Our work spans the design and evaluation of policies, the development of pragmatic sustainability strategies, and detailed implementation of sustainability initiatives. Our clients include many of the companies leading the transition - and many others seeking to accelerate their journey to more sustainability operations.
Our experience has been gained through decades of work towards a more sustainable future, and we’re proud to work alongside our aviation clients to achieve a sustainable, connected world: ICF: 50+ years of impact
The knowledge, skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Enthusiasm to drive the decarbonisation of the aviation industry, and an understanding of the associated challenges and opportunities.
- Knowledge of some of the policies and regulation driving the energy transition is preferred, for example the European Fit for 55 Policy package (including the ETS, ReFuel, and RED II), the US Inflation Reduction Act, RFS, and US state programs, CORSIA, and other relevant programs.
- Ability to lead a team to deliver effective solutions to complex problems, within budget and timescale constraints.
- Have an overall experience of at least 5 years in relevant fields
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field.
How you will make an impact:
- Lead the delivery of sustainability projects with airports, airlines, and companies across the aviation value chain
- Develop new opportunities for our team to provide valuable support to clients, including identifying opportunities and developing proposals.
- Support business development by promoting ICF’s leading position for aviation sustainability services. This includes activities such as building relationships, contributing to insightful articles, and presenting at conferences.
The strengths and behaviours required:
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Motivated and takes responsibility to deliver high-quality and useful work
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative and committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication and opportunity for growth.
If you're interested, and have the knowledge, skills and experience highlighted above, we would love to hear from you!
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals.
Learn more about what we do and our commitment to inclusion.
The benefits of joining ICF:
Our people at ICF are our most important asset, so we invest in them from the moment they arrive. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well.
We offer a hybrid working policy, which will provide you with the flexibility to collaborate in the office, as well as in the comfort of your own home, ensuring you are able to successfully deliver the requirements of your role.
To support you, our employee wellbeing hub is designed to provide highly personalised support across a comprehensive range of wellbeing issues, such as mind, body, finances, community, career programs and HR support.
We enjoy celebrating success, which is why we have a competitive recognition program called ‘You Matter’, which awards points as a ‘thank you’ for your work achievements. These can be spent on a large variety of high-quality items, as well as online or high-street vouchers, all with zero tax payable by the employee.
ICF also offers a range of competitive benefits, which include:
- Single Private Medical Insurance cover with no restrictions on existing conditions.
- Dental insurance and an online GP service.
- 25 days annual leave, plus UK bank holidays (annual leave increases with years of service).
- Pension scheme with 5% of salary employer contribution
- Life assurance paying 4x annual salary and Group Income Protection paying 66% of salary for up to 5 years if you are off work on long-term sick.
- Enhanced parental leave policies, enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and shared parental pay.
London, United Kingdom (GB75)