Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Sustainability Consultant- REMOTE
Are you looking for a new opportunity to make the aviation industry more sustainable? We currently have an exciting opening for an individual who understands the complexities of sustainability solutions and can apply these in an aviation context. You will focus on renewable fuel (SAF) projects, working alongside airlines, airports, governments, international organizations, fuel producers, and investors. There are also many opportunities to work with our wider team across a range of sustainability areas, either supporting or leading projects as appropriate.
This position has the potential to be work from home/remote work.
What we do:
Our experts help clients to navigate this complex, evolving landscape. Our work spans the design and evaluation of policies, development of pragmatic sustainability strategies, and detailed implementation of sustainability initiatives. Our clients include many of the companies leading the transition - and many others seeking to accelerate their journey to more sustainability operations. Our team brings leading knowledge and experience in key technologies – from sustainable fuels and alternative propulsion systems to operational improvements – and we work as an integrated part of the wider ICF team, leveraging our extensive experience in specialties such as climate research, renewable energy, and sustainable finance.
How you will make an impact:
- Deliver sustainability projects with airports, airlines, and companies across the aviation value chain, with a particularly focus on decarbonising the fuels and energy used.
- Working in the detail of initiatives, including developing strategies, building analyses, researching, writing, and presenting reports and coordinating teams.
- Develop new opportunities for our team to provide valuable support to clients, including identifying opportunities and developing proposals.
- Support business development by promoting ICF’s leading position for aviation sustainability services. This includes activities such as building relationships, contributing to insightful articles, and presenting at conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in chemistry, engineering, sustainability.
- An understanding of renewable fuels (including SAF, renewable diesel, biodiesel, bioethanol, RNG) is strongly preferred, ideally demonstrated by experience working in the hydrocarbon industry.
- Have an overall experience of at least 3+ years in relevant fields.
- Enthusiasm to drive the decarbonisation of the aviation industry, and an understanding of the associated challenges and opportunities.
- A demonstrated ability to write high quality reports, conduct robust assessments, and deliver engaging in-person presentations
- Ability to work in a team to deliver effective solutions to complex problems, against budget and timescale constraints.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Expertise in Word, PowerPoint and Excel is required,
- Knowledge of PowerBI, Python or R is desirable
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Massachusetts Remote Office (MA99)