Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Survey Research - Technical Assistance Coordinator
ICF is seeking a Technical Assistance Coordinator to join a team that provides support to states and substance use and mental health facilities that are participants in the nation’s largest substance use and mental health facility survey. The National Substance Use and Mental Health Services Survey (N-SUMHSS) is sponsored by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), which is a branch of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. N-SUMHSS collects data from more than 30,000 treatment facilities and is a component of SAMHSA’s Behavioral Health Services Information System (BHSIS). As a member of the technical assistance team, successful candidates will be responsible for providing support to facilities completing the N-SUMHSS survey, troubleshooting data collection system questions, providing support to states submitting treatment level data and answering questions related to data use.
We are looking for a team member who is intellectually curious, customer oriented, and motivated to grow their technical skills in a fast-paced environment with career growth opportunities. Due to current COVID-19 safety measures, currently employees who can work from home are required to do so. Once it is safe to resume standard practices of commuter travel and social interaction per government guidelines, we expect employees to maintain an office presence as required by projects needs and management.
- Responding promptly to and monitoring the status of technical assistance (TA) requests via the project’s hotline, email, and web-based help desk
- Supporting development of technical training and recruitment materials
- Supporting the system development and survey programming team by testing the online survey and performing quality control checks
- Troubleshooting data and technical system issues
- Answering treatment facility questions related to participation in N-SUMHSS
- Participating in team meetings to develop procedures and processes to manage project information and communications
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, behavioral or social sciences, or other related field is required.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in one of more of the following areas:
- Providing technical assistance
- Developing training and/or recruitment materials
- Survey recruitment and administration
- Public health
- Ability to troubleshoot complex scenarios and help facilities work through problems in a professional manner
- Experience responding to questions via phone and email
- Professional experience with substance abuse and/or mental health treatment facilities a plus
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational and task management skills
- Detail-oriented and a self-starter
- Ability to manage time effectively and work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, independently or as part of a team
- Strong intellectual curiosity and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude
- Adaptive to changing priorities with a willingness to take on ad hoc tasks
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)