Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Subrecipient Coordination Lead - Puerto Rico
The ICF Disaster Management division works with government agencies and communities to design and implement recovery programs and deliver increased resilience after a disaster strikes. Our functional expertise is in program management and operations, planning and preparedness, technical assistance and training, strategic communications and outreach, compliance and monitoring, implementation, and performance measurement and evaluation. Clients include states and localities administering HUD and FEMA funded disaster recovery and mitigation programs. We often work in close collaboration with ICF experts across the firm on related issues such as energy efficiency and green building, infrastructure, financial literacy, sustainable community development, and workforce development. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals to pursue their passions and generate results.
ICF is seeking an Subrecipient Coordination Lead who will establish and implement strategic plans for outreach CDBG-MIT programs opportunities in coordination with the ICF Program and Project Managers. In addition, successful candidates will coordinate all outreach communication materials and public facing communications with the client before carrying out any outreach activities.
Additional Key Responsibilities:
- Coordinate logistics of locations, scheduling and audiovisual equipment required to conduct meetings and presentations with subrecipients or public.
- Develop strategic plan to, effectively and efficiently, resolve local subrecipients and public relations issues in coordination with Program Manager and the client.
- Implement real-time system to report, manage and track frequent questions, comments, and issues; including evaluation of Program Team’s effectiveness addressing complaints and answers.
- Coordinate with internal teams and resources to develop compelling communications materials that utilize traditional marketing and social media tactics.
- Engage with operations and policy teams to develop materials that explain complex program requirements and processes in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Prepare talking points, reports and other communications materials to respond to public reporting requests.
- BS or BA degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising, Journalism or related field
- 5 years of experience working in public relations field
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to quickly respond to media and public communications challenges
- Ability to research issues and offer swift solution/resolution
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish fluency or literacy
- Previous disaster recovery or other high visibility public program communications experience
- Managing a project from start to finish. Conceptualizing and aligning with the client interacting with the editors, designers, production managers through completion of projects.
- Detail oriented and precise
- Can-do attitude and willingness to jump in where needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism and cooperative attitude
- Excellent client relationship skills working in a dynamic client environment
- Results-driven, creative thinker with innovative approach to problem solving
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
This job is a Section 3 eligible job opportunity. We encourage applications from individuals that are low income and/or living in Public Housing.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Guaynabo, PR (PR01)