Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Study Manager – School Health/Sexual Health
ICF is growing and we seek a Study Manager, School Health.
Are you passionate about improving quality of life for children and youth by developing and testing models for school health programs and services that contribute to healthy mental, emotional, sexual, and physical health? Then consider ICF. We work at the forefront of today’s school health issues, helping clients understand the specific needs of diverse populations and address complex health challenges among school populations through prevention program monitoring, evaluation, research, and training and technical assistance with school districts and schools.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
Building a better understanding and supporting school districts in the implementation of best practices for improving the health and well-being of youth through demonstration projects is the focus of this role. You will work alongside experts in the field to develop outstanding solutions for our clients and the populations we serve.
As a Study Manager, you will lead the successful development of evaluation/research projects supporting CDC’s Division of Adolescent and School Health. You will be responsible for managing single or multiple school district demonstration projects and evaluations of these projects including budget/fiscal oversight, resource management, staff management, and building and growing a team of professional researchers.
Many of our Public Health Researchers are located in Atlanta, Rockville, Fairfax and RTP, North Carolina but we have offices across the US and locations. This position is preferred in Atlanta, GA, but remote options will be considered.
- Focus on Public Health Research projects supporting clients such as HHS/CDC and HHS/OPA, HHS/ACF, among others.
- Effectively manage client relationships by facilitating client meetings, providing project updates, and developing and maintaining communication strategies
- Build strong cross-functional teams including delegating tasks effectively to help meet and exceed client expectations and ensure deliverables are of high-quality, on-time, and on-budget.
- Leverage research ideas to design, document, and oversee the development of demonstration projects such as designing an evaluation plan and executing the plan.
- Plan all aspects of research programs including design and research methods, collection of quantitative and qualitative data sets and effective oversight or involvement in the analysis and reporting of these data.
- Supervise staff by providing support with professional development goals, maintaining consistent communication, providing feedback, and conducting performance reviews.
- Support for proposal content and writing may be required.
- You will be encouraged to contribute to the research community via presentations, study reports, and peer-reviewed publications.
- Master’s degree in public health, social work, psychology, or related fields.
- 7+ years as serving as a manager of evaluation or research projects involving a team and funder or client stakeholders; demonstrated success managing the planning and execution of evaluation or research projects .
- Experience conducting research and/or providing technical assistance to school districts or schools, school health programs, social/emotional or mental health programs, sexual/reproductive health programs, or school health services.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize work, manage time, and seek and apply solutions to problems.
- Experience writing a variety of products including technical reports to a range of audiences.
- Evidence of ability to manage and monitor government contracts, grants, or cooperative agreements.
- Significant expertise in research and evaluation methods (quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods designs).
- Expertise in quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods data analysis.
- Experience leading IRB application development and approval.
- Experience with data collection platforms such as Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, RedCAP or others is a plus
- Proven people leadership experience and the ability to motivate and inspire a growing team.
- Demonstrated success building/growing current contracts and/or winning new work.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have mastery over MS Office suite.
- Experience with data visualization is a plus.
- Peer-reviewed publications are a plus.
- PhD/DrPH are a plus but not required.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Atlanta, GA (GA18)