Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Study Manager, Epidemiology.
ICF is growing and we seek a Study Manager, Epidemiology.
Are you passionate about improving quality of life through disease prevention, health promotion, and the care of chronic health conditions? Then consider ICF. We work at the forefront of today’s global health issues, helping clients understand the specific needs of diverse populations and address complex health challenges with behavior and disease surveillance and monitoring, research and surveys, training and technical assistance, and informatics and systems.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
As the Study Manager you will lead the successful development of research supporting our Federal Public Health clients.
Building innovative solutions and ensuring progress on epidemiological research projects is the focus of this role and you will work alongside experts in the field to develop outstanding solutions for our clients and the populations we serve.
Many of our Public Health Researchers are located in Rockville, Atlanta, Fairfax and RTP, North Carolina but we have offices across the US and locations can be flexible including remote work.
- Manage large scale Epidemiology projects including budget/fiscal oversight, resource management as well as building and growing a team of professional researchers.
- Focus on Public Health Research projects supporting clients such as NIH and CDC among others.
- Build strong cross-functional teams to help meet and exceed client expectations and ensure deliverables are of high-quality and on-time.
- Support for proposal content and writing may be required.
- Leverage research ideas to design, document, and oversee the development of proposals.
- Plan all aspects of research programs including design and research methods, collection of large-scale data sets and effective analytics and reporting.
- You will be encouraged to contribute to the research community via presentations and study reports and other peer-reviewed publications.
- Demonstrated success supporting large-scale (multi-million dollar) Epidemiology Research projects
- 3+ years as a Study Manager/Study Director managing all aspects of the work including budget, staff, deliverables and partners/vendors.
- Demonstrated success building/growing current contracts and/or winning new work.
- Evidence of ability to win, manage, and monitor government contracts, grants, or cooperative agreements.
- Expertise in research methods (EPI)
- Proven people leadership experience and the ability to motivate and inspire a growing team.
- Bachelor of Science Degree.
- PhD in Epidemiology, Biomedical Sciences or related subject.
- Demonstrated expertise in supporting and leading Cancer studies.
- Success leading multi-site research studies.
- Peer-reviewed publications and experience presenting at conferences.
Personal Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in MS Office suite.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
N Carolina Remote Office (NC99)