Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Strategic Account Engagement Leader -Public Sector
ICF seeks a dynamic and highly effective Strategic Account Engagement Leader to advance our firm’s market position with key solutions in Digital Modernization, Federal Health, and Advisory Services within priority federal accounts.
The Strategic Account Engagement Leader will work alongside and support PSG’s Account Leads for NIH, FDA and CMS to enable effective account strategies, expand customer access within those accounts, develop sales enablement tools and support customer needs assessments to assist with shaping new initiatives with customer engagement.
This position can be fully remote, Hybrid (working 1-2 days a week in our new Reston Headquarters office, or fully office based.
The Strategic Account Engagement Leader will be a part of PSG’s Strategic Market Development & Federal Account team and will report to the Public Sector Group’s Chief Market Innovation and Strategy Officer. The Strategic Account Engagement Leader will develop and refine key sales enablement activities such as include call plan development, capability statements and presentations, white paper development, RFI response preparation, and Capability Offering development.
The Strategic Market & Business Development Director is responsible for coordinating across multiple Public Sector portfolios and service capabilities to develop and reflect a holistic solution framework.
The ideal candidate will be a proven Federal Growth and Business Development leader with a track record of superior client service, delivery and growth and an ability to effectively collaborate with and lead a diverse group of internal stakeholders. This position will work across the PSG leadership team to implement ICF’s Federal Health and Digital Modernization Strategic Growth plans and to develop and implement tactical growth account plans for NIH, FDA and CMS high priority target Centers and Offices.
This position will expand upon an already successful portfolio of established and growing customer programs at NIH, FDA and CMS, primarily in the areas of management consulting, communications support, technical assistance, bioinformatics, data analytics, software engineering, and IT modernization.
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities of the Position include:
- Partner with PSG’s Chief Strategy Officer and group account leads to understand client needs and market trends, highlight ICF differentiators and identify and market solutions and capabilities to address emerging market demands with high growth potential.
- Facilitate strategic conversations across ICF Divisions to develop a holistic solution for customer’s needs bringing together the best of ICF’s capabilities
- For specific emerging client programs, conduct gap analyses of ICF capabilities against requirements and identify solutions to fill those gaps
- Partner with capability SMEs to develop sales enablement tools (e.g., white papers, presentations, capability statements)
- Partner with account leads to identify and bring on strategic partners that to enhance ICF’s capabilities to meet customer’s needs
- Partner with capability SMEs to develop new offerings for ICF customers
- Develop and implement internal programs (e.g., training, facilitated workshops, tools/templates, etc.) to support and enable a coordinated execution of account strategy
- Oversee the collection, curation and sustainment of work products that support the Market Development & Strategy team and Account Leads
- 10+ years of experience in delivering solutions/services or sales/marketing professional services capabilities to the Federal Government
- 5+ years of experience managing a team; a track record of managerial expertise in growing & developing high-functioning teams
- Understanding the general organization of the U.S. Government, budgeting, and procurement processes
- Research techniques using open source information and resources for Federal market analysis including USAspending.gov, Deltek GovWin, Bloomberg etc.
- Competitive Analysis (SWOT, Key accounts, Strengths in each of our target industries, how we differentiate, summary of offerings by competitor, estimation of competitor pricing, detailed reviews for each competitor)
- Market Research (Market Segmentation, Market sizing, Target Customers, Industry leaders/influencers)
- Familiarity with public sources of information such as legacy FPDS-NG (now under SAM.gov), USASpending.gov, ITdashboard.gov, etc
- Proficiency in software products such as MS Word, PowerPoint , Outlook, TEAMS, Microsoft Dynamics and data analysis and visualization tools such as Excel and Tableau
- Track record of success in building and scaling a team focused on market insights and analysis
- Desire to solve complex problems and build scalable processes and flexibility to quickly adapt to new challenges
- Experience with developing white papers, capability presentations, and RFI responses
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college
Professional Skills and Experience:
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to visualize and build playbooks or capability briefings with polished design/graphics
- Keen structured & strategic thinking, with an innate ability to synthesize complex information from a variety of sources into implementable recommendations.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Remote Office (MD99)