Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is seeking a Statistician with a PhD and 5 or more years of post-doctoral experience analyzing and modeling health-related research data. This position will support a Department of Defense (DoD) client in the Washington, DC Metro Area. The position will leverage their experience and expertise in running complex statistical models involving large data sets to inform the interpretation, analysis, synthesis and reporting of these data. Experience running multi- variate modeling is a must. This is a highly collaborative position, and one that occasionally requires quick responses to external requests for information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use statistical approaches and specialized statistical software to analyze and model data in an enterprise data environment
- Use sophisticated research-supported statistical techniques and write code/syntax to solve complex statistical problems
- Propose valid statistical solutions to psychological health research problems based on available data
- Present data and interpretations in research reports and briefs
- Conduct advanced statistical programming tasks involving:
- Importing, cleaning, and transforming data for statistical analysis
- Conducting statistical analysis on data from complex data sets and generation of reports
- Supporting development of technical reports, manuscripts and other publications
- Work closely with government project managers, clients, and stakeholders to transform requests into technical specifications (health-related) and explain complex concepts
- Work in a collaborative environment with colleagues from a diverse background
Mandatory Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills):
- PhD in Statistics, Epidemiology, or other relevant math-based degree
- 5+ years of post-doctoral experience analyzing and modeling health-related research data.
- Demonstrated experience managing, executing, and performing complex statistical modeling, which must include multi-variant analyses.
- Advanced SAS skills and experience
- Experience with other statistical packages (in addition to SAS) such as SAS
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Ability to perform well in a team-based environment, with occasional quick-turn responses
Desired Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills):
- 7+ years of post-doctoral experience analyzing and modeling large military healthcare utilization datasets for psychological health research studies
- Experience managing and executing statistical modeling/analysis on military health-related research data
- Experience managing and executing statistical analysis on mental health-related research data
- Prior experience as a statistician as a federal contractor.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)