Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Sr. Puppet Engineer-Remote
*We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the US.*
ICF’s IT Modernization division is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, technology department, seeking an Appian Developer. Our team is a leading provider of Digital Transformation services for Federal agencies. Our services focus on enabling agency mission and business transformation using industry-leading low-code platforms, mobile applications, robotics process automation, and data analytics platforms. We are partnered with some of the world’s leading and most innovative companies like Salesforce, ServiceNow, Microsoft, and UiPath. We focus on offering a full range of architecture and planning, system implementation, integration, analytics, and O&M for our customers.
We are seeking a Sr. Puppet Engineer to assist with the implementation and configuration of a Puppet Enterprise framework and deploy numerous applications on the Linux and Windows platforms.
- Develop, test, and deploy software code that will configure and manage our client’s hosting environments (Linux and Windows)
- Define the infrastructure services architecture
- Create modules that will automate the management of infrastructure environments
- Support deployment orchestration for business applications and services
- Configure application servers, load balancing and proxy servers, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Networks, and subnets
- Design, build, and manage automated test frameworks and scripts that support a continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) approach for Puppet and business application code
- Assess & debug issues with the container service and applications
- Support deployment orchestration for business applications and services into the container service
- Help our operations team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues
- Deliver training, coaching, and support for engineering teams to write code that will manage infrastructure and application configurations
- Provide product vision, standards, and best practices for using configuration management software across the organization
- Participate in team code reviews and design reviews.
- 2+ years’ work experience in an infrastructure engineering role
- 2+ years of experience with infrastructure system administration
- 1+ years of experience with configuration management tools
- Puppet Certified Professional
- Familiarity with container software (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Understanding of infrastructure as code concepts
- Understanding of network architecture
- Experience with the usage of GitHub (or Git version control systems)
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)