Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Sr. Project Manager - Education Technical Assistance (TA)
ICF's Youth & Adult Education Portfolio is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to lead and contribute to education technical assistance (TA) projects. Clients include federal agencies, state education agencies, and other public and nonprofit organizations. As a Senior Project Manager, you will apply your academic knowledge and work experience to lead and contribute to projects related to capacity building TA in K-20 education. You will be heavily involved in managing projects, strategic planning, and business development. The initial main assignment is state coordinator for Region 8 Comprehensive Center project. The person will also be a BPA manager for US Department of Education (ED)’s Education Grants Management Support Services (EDGMSS). Ideally, we are looking for someone who has recent experience in managing large TA projects from ED such as the Comprehensive Centers and others from offices such as OESE, OCTAE, OSEP.
The position could be based in an office in the Washington Metro area, Hybrid or full-time remote.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for collaborating with teams of other TA and subject matter experts (SMEs) to conduct needs sensing; develop TA plans; implement, monitor, and adjust TA; and contribute to evaluation of TA services. Key project tasks may include:
- TA projects for federal and state agencies and other public and nonprofit organizations
- Contributing to the development and implementation of TA plans and proposals
- Leading and managing TA projects and teams
Candidates must be able to manage projects; be versed in TA and capacity building strategies, methodologies, and approaches; maintain positive relationships with clients and colleagues; and play an integral role in capture and proposal development.
Areas of responsibility may include:
- Leading and managing projects and large tasks with project teams.
- Developing and maintaining positive, constructive relationships with clients and other service recipients.
- Conducting needs assessment.
- Developing TA plans.
- Delivering TA services.
- Facilitating meetings with senior leaders of state education agencies or similar organizations.
- Serving as a subject matter expert.
- Writing proposals and technical reports and delivering presentations for a variety of audiences.
- Designing and conducting data collection through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and observations, etc.
- Analyzing and synthesizing information to continuously improve delivery of services.
- Developing technical products and leading presentations.
- Contributing to required formal reports and internal documentation systems.
- Masters’ degree in Education, Public Policy, Organizational Development, or related discipline
- Knowledge of the public K-20 and/or adult education systems in the United States.
- 10+ years of work experience:
- designing education technical assistance
- producing high-quality, professionally written products and presentations
- leading teams to plan and carry out projects from start to finish
- working with clients in a technical assistance context
- leading and contributing to business development efforts.
Preferred Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
- Recent experience leading TA projects for US Department of Education’s offices and programs (including the Comprehensive Center Network).
- Prior work experience in a consulting environment.
- Knowledge of capacity building, implementation science, and/or root cause analysis
- Excellent verbal, oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations.
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently.
- Experience or interest in managing project finances to stay within budget.
- Strong interest in business development (capture, proposal writing, etc.) to acquire new projects.
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Consultative collaboration with clients to understand needs, deliver services to meet their needs, and apply their feedback to project services and deliverables.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)