Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Sr Network Engineer
Who we are:
ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients, and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-drive creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists and challenge the status quo.
What you’ll get to do:
- You will be a Network Engineer within a team of Networking Professionals, part of an Operations group which maintains physical datacenter and cloud environments for our client services as well as supporting the hypervisor and OS management of the virtual servers within those datacenters for client services.
- Own, monitor and maintain cutting-edge Hosted IT infrastructure technologies, including:
- Network Hardware (Cisco Routers & Switches)
- F5 BIG-IP Load Balancers
- FortiGate, Checkpoint, Cisco ASAs and Sophos Firewalls
- Nutanix and Cisco UCS compute clusters
- Nutanix AHV and VMware Hypervisors
- Datacenter management across multiple vendors
- Network-as-a-Service connections
- Remote-Access patterns via client VPN, site-to-site VPNs and Web Portals
- AZURE and AWS cloud infrastructure
- Work with design teams to contribute infrastructure designs and support client implementations within new and existing environments.
- Manage as a Service Desk Tech Lead on a rotation on while collaborating with a cross-functional team of peer Tech Leads:
- Functional technology skills in server OS technologies. (Windows/Linux)
- Able to learn technologies and follow technological Standard-Operating-Procedures for technology tasks which may not be network-focused.
- Able to understand and manage utilization and interact with internal staff in a service-oriented way.
- Experience on-site management and hardware install of environments within our Minneapolis Datacenters in the MINNEAPOLIS area.
- 3+ years of network and systems experience, owning the monitoring, upkeep and administration responsibilities.
- 1-2 years experience managing IT-related tasks, minor projects and providing status updates.
- Experience with Firewall administration and TCP/IP network design based around Firewalls as the core router.
- Experience with security standards and controls and how they can be fulfilled via network design: FIPS, NIST, PCI, HIPAA
- CCNA or CCNP
- AWS Associate Certifications/Azure Certifications
- Experience working in an organization that does internet technologies or hosts client environments.
- Experience in WAN (BGP)
- Operations skills on VMware, Windows/Linux and web hosting environments.
- Be part of an ON-CALL rotation with 24 hour monitoring and emergency response required.
- Be part of a Service Desk rotation where you manage incoming queues and dispatch tickets.
- Be able to submit to client requirements for Fingerprinting, Drug Testing and Background Checks if asked.
The Operations team is one of the top teams in ICF providing decades of experience to our Commercial and Government clients domestically and internationally. They want to develop you into an Operations Network Engineer. Plenty of opportunity to learn, grow and develop a career. Join us!
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Minnesota Remote Office (MN99)